News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hahaa....sorry, I deleted the original, @ttk77 because I didn't want to be seen as being rude. I'm glad you took it well, as intended.

Hahaa....sorry, I deleted the original, @ttk77 because I didn't want to be seen as being rude. I'm glad you took it well, as intended.

lol. No. I thought it was funny, not rude. I still don't like the lack of accountability that a mixed member system seems to have, but I'm finally realizing that it's better than what we have now. More choice and more voices heard is better.

lol. No. I thought it was funny, not rude. I still don't like the lack of accountability that a mixed member system seems to have, but I'm finally realizing that it's better than what we have now. More choice and more voices heard is better.

It's about the same level of accountability as we have now. Ok, so they say we can go directly to our constituency's MP with complaints and comments. If that MP happens to be on the government benches then best of luck. If they're on opposition benches then best of luck with anything that isn't an attack on the government.
Ok, you can vote against said MP at the next election if you don't like how they've done their job. With MMP you also vote against the party you find hasn't represented your views properly. Yeah, I get people's discomfort with party lists. What, sort of how now, unless you're a member of a party you also have no say in how and who they pick as their nominees. It's not a public nomination process now either.
I'm not saying it's the best, necessarily but it's at least fair in that everyone's vote counts, which isn't the case now. I should know, my votes in provincial and federal elections have never counted and I've voted in every election I've been eligible for.

At bare minimum, there should be a requirement to win a majority of the vote in order to be elected. Some sort of run-off system, as a minimum. Our current electoral system is a joke. Some of us aren't laughing though. Anyway, off topic and I hate talking about this because it pisses me off.....next!

Though, I should add that I'm sort of glad that the Trudeau government lied about electoral reform because it wasn't going to conform with their need for control. It helped confirm my opinion of the Liberal Party as a self-interested club of rot.

But what is underpinning that notion? The Liberals brought the budget to balance and the Tories (at least in their previous, Brown-era platform) weren't committing to the same.
Liberals say budget is balanced. Independent Financial Accountability Officer (FAO) says its a $4B deficit.

The Liberals were so corrupt for so long that I don't think I would promise a balanced budget if I was running.

Liberals say budget is balanced. Independent Financial Accountability Officer (FAO) says its a $4B deficit.

The Liberals were so corrupt for so long that I don't think I would promise a balanced budget if I was running.
And a group of independent accounting folk say the Liberals are right with what they include and exclude to get their "balanced budget". From my reading the FAO is somewhat isolated in her opinion.

And a group of independent accounting folk say the Liberals are right with what they include and exclude to get their "balanced budget". From my reading the FAO is somewhat isolated in her opinion.
Is that true?

They include pension plan money that they shouldn't.

That money should be set aside and not included as part of the budget.

It's not really ethical to include it.

Is that true?

They include pension plan money that they shouldn't.

That money should be set aside and not included as part of the budget.

It's not really ethical to include it.
I am not an expert but the expert group consulted say its fine to include it. At worst its a matter of opinion.

Robert Benzie
@robertbenzie

BREAKING: @CTVNews reports @brownbarrie hired a private investigator to "discredit" the two women who complained about his behaviour when they were teens. #onpoli

This is just the thing the PC's don't want happening right now.

EDIT:

Sam Oosterhoff
@samoosterhoff

I've made my decision. My choice for Ontario PC Leader and Premier of Ontario, is Christine Elliot! Her integrity, experience, and compassion are just what we need to deliver the Better Ontario Ontarians want and deserve. She's ready. Now.

Wow, I figured he would back one of the SoCons...

Last edited:
Is he out--or in?

Former Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown says resignation statement ‘sent out without my permission’.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ion/article38005149/?cmpid=rss&click=sf_globe

Patrick Brown has created uncertainty over whether he has, in fact, stepped down as leader of the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party, saying a statement announcing his departure was sent out without his permission.

In his first television interview since he resigned as leader three weeks ago, Mr. Brown told Global News during a half-hour segment that aired Thursday evening that the statement released shortly after one o'clock on the morning of Jan. 25, saying he had resigned, was "sent out without my permission."

This is old news now.

Brown already said this report is not true.

He's back!

Patrick Brown is entering the Ontario PC leadership race.

Excuse me while I fall over laughing and stop only long enough to adjust my neck brace, lest the ongoing political whiplash worsen.

Just Wow.

Could you script this?

If they pull out a victory after all this..................(and they might) but wow!

Breaking
Patrick Brown to enter PC leadership race: sources
Brown has staunchly denied the allegations of sexual misconduct, but chose to resign last month
CBC News Posted: Feb 16, 2018 3:06 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 16, 2018 3:24 PM ET

So, it's the remnants of centuries past against the man who sort of resigned, but not really. This is a sad joke at this point. That debate was a horror show of reality denial and 19th century sensibilities and now, just to make things more off, Brown is back in the picture.
This is some high school or crackhead drama type shit, right here.

Don't worry though, global warming is a hoax according to these experts. Though one could easily mistake them for members of the Flat Earth Society at this point rendering their opinions on anything rather disposable, true.

Ahhh... It reminds me of when I was a child and the Carney came to town.

Breaking
Patrick Brown to enter PC leadership race: sources
Brown has staunchly denied the allegations of sexual misconduct, but chose to resign last month
CBC News Posted: Feb 16, 2018 3:06 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 16, 2018 3:24 PM ET
Why did Fedelli kick him out of cacus? Instead, I’d like to see Fedelli invite the OPP to investigate to confirm if any criminal activities occurred, and until then, leave Brown’s party affiliation alone.

Back