News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what are your final predictions?

I’ll go with Ford in 3 ballots, 51-49

May god have mercy on our souls
I suspect that the final result WILL be very close but not sure who will come out on top. (I guess Ford or Elliott). As the electioneering has been toxic I really wonder if the Tories can unite enough behind their new leader to actually fight a believable campaign and demonstrate that they are grown-up enough to be an actual government. Frankly, I doubt it and you can bet the Libs and NDP will be hard at work picking at the Tory scabs and pointing out the fact they have some VERY unpleasant members. with VERY weird ideas. Lucky that "Dumpster Fire" has just been added to the dictionary.

Few hours ago they said result would come at 3 pm; it's now 3:30 pm.

CBC Newsworld just reported that the vote is 'very close' and that 'lawyers are involved' -- apparently from the Elliott & Ford camps. The shit-show continues.

"Virtual tie" between Ford and Elliot according to Newstalk1010

Lisa McLeod tried to say it was all "normal stuff" -- that lawyers checking results is just routine, but CBC guy says these lawyers were "scrambled here from off-site" -- that it was definitely unexpected or else those lawyers would already have been there.

People on twitter are saying "Doug won and the PC party heads are trying to 'fix' it for Elliott". :p

So Thug gets to screech non-stop that the wicked Elites cost him the election if he loses. Which I think would be the preferred outcome for him. He'd get to play martyr, would be able to keep pushing his hideous face into every available tv camera for years to come as though his blustering opinions were actually relevant, and wouldn't be saddled with any of the pesky work that would come with actually being party leader. He also wouldn't get blamed if the Cons lose to the Liberals again next election day. Which is a very real possibility if he wins this.

So what are your final predictions?

I’ll go with Ford in 3 ballots, 51-49

May god have mercy on our souls

Are you trying to ruin my week-end? Then again, you wouldn't be the one causing this outcome, so I suppose not.

Please, please, please, please not Ford. I can't handle a province-wide Ford infection.

Apparently there's a wedding (wedding? or wedding reception?) scheduled at the hall very soon. Maybe the lawyers that "scrambled" to the hall belong to the couple! If I were them, I'd sue the venue. Pretty sure the couple made their booking well before the PCP (since they didn't even know they'd be having a leadership convention until 8 weeks ago). Irresponsible of them to take this booking, knowing how these things tend to run late and that someone else has the hall so soon afterwards.

Apparently there's a wedding (wedding? or wedding reception?) scheduled at the hall very soon. Maybe the lawyers that "scrambled" to the hall belong to the couple! If I were them, I'd sue the venue. Pretty sure the couple made their booking well before the PCP (since they didn't even know they'd be having a leadership convention until 8 weeks ago). Irresponsible of them to take this booking, knowing how these things tend to run late and that someone else has the hall so soon afterwards.
Funnily enough I was just wondering if this delay was going to affect another booking at the venue today. It's irresponsible indeed for the hotel to do this because even if this was going to theoretically end "on time" (whatever that would be) it would've been difficult to clean it up and prepare it on time for a wedding reception

One theory is that one candidate won the "popular vote" -- that is, number of times they were put as the first choice; while another candidate won on the points system (ranked ballots).

The CBC guy is saying that Ford won & Elliott is asking for a recount. :eek:

So I'm reading that they had an online voting platform, but they printed out the ballots to count. And people want this party in power?

Back