News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Oh, here's the candidate in the "unwinnable" riding of Kanata-Carleton:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...her-candidate-with-bigoted-views-emerges.html

In fact there's talk about about her being the Health Minister.

Another one. This is like a fun game: find all the weird shit candidates have written on the internet before today.

It starts off all boring before getting truly interesting with the "surveillance of foreign med students". That's when I loled. This lady isn't serious. Oh, she is? Oops.

Keep them coming, folks. Can we get up to 20% of all candidates being complete nutters? I think we can!

Why is it so hard to believe some Liberal hemorrhaging would be towards the Conservatives' camp too? Oh yeah, Libs are too smart to vote Tory in your worldview.

I don't think it's that they're too smart to vote Tory. Might be that they're too sketched out by Ford. I know I am. I've never voted Liberal though, so I might be the wrong one to ask. I have, however, stated before that if Brown was still in charge I may have given them my attention at least. You know, so they could try to sell me something. Oh, but no, they had to go off the deep end. I ain't buying that sort of taint.
The only thing Liberals are "too smart" for is following through with power plant construction contracts.

If Brown was in charge before the scandal, or if Elliott has won the leadership race, I would be voting for the PC's without hesitation.

If Brown was in charge before the scandal, or if Elliott has won the leadership race, I would be voting for the PC's without hesitation.

I personally hope we aren't witnessing another snatching defeat from the jaws of victory scenario. But something tells me most "progressive" types would never vote for a Conservative no matter who's leading them anyway.

The appeal of Ford was strong going in at least, he could win the PCs ridings in the 416/GTA a man from Barrie would be hard-pressed to breakthrough in. At worst, Etobicoke and parts of Mississauga still seem a lock.

I personally hope we aren't witnessing another snatching defeat from the jaws of victory scenario. But something tells me most "progressive" types would never vote for a Conservative no matter who's leading them anyway.

The appeal of Ford was strong going in at least, he could win the PCs ridings in the 416/GTA a man from Barrie would be hard-pressed to breakthrough in. At worst, Etobicoke and parts of Mississauga still seem a lock.
You didn't need the progressive votes.

As a Liberal voter, I was 100% ready to vote for PC this election until Ford was anointed leader.

Now, I am just confused. I just know Ford is not an option though.

That reality now seems as though it was another universe.
No kidding.

I hope the PC party has the balls to call for a leadership convention even in the event of a minority government.

They were on track for a super-majority under Brown. A minority government is a defeat, and a good reason to discard themselves of Doug.

(Hopefully too, Doug fails to win a seat in the advent of a minority. Or hell, even a majority, lol.)

(Hopefully too, Doug fails to win a seat in the advent of a minority. Or hell, even a majority, lol.)

And if he *does* win his own seat while losing the election, what are the odds that he'll resign quickly a la Jim Prentice and the NDP will win the ensuing byelection?

You didn't need the progressive votes.

As a Liberal voter, I was 100% ready to vote for PC this election until Ford was anointed leader.

Now, I am just confused. I just know Ford is not an option though.

My riding of Scarborough Centre tends to vote for whoever is the front runner, so I think it will go NDP. Scarborough-Agincourt, where my parents live, will likely go to the PC's.

https://pressprogress.ca/ontario-pc...-to-hate-figures-at-young-conservative-event/

Every time an NDP candidate is called out, there is someone from the PC's who does something stupid...

Last edited:
No kidding.

I hope the PC party has the balls to call for a leadership convention even in the event of a minority government.

They were on track for a super-majority under Brown. A minority government is a defeat, and a good reason to discard themselves of Doug.

This is the pattern of recent electoral cycles though. Conservatives poll extremely well in-between elections as they're seen as the main antithesis to out-of-control liberalism, then during campaigns the media/opponents muckrakes and the the party/leader is unable to effectively refute the "scandals" and bring the focus back to their policies. This has happened to John Tory, twice to Tim Hudak and was poised to happen again to Patrick Brown.

Ontario voters are being played yet again, only this time it's the NDP that's the Establishment's favored anti-Tory trophy/bobble.

I'm not too worried about Doug. I don't think his heart's that into it. He just wants the satisfaction to say that he beat Kathleen Wynne. There's likely already a plan afoot in the Tory backroom to replace him should a minority or razor-thin Tory majority occur. I voted in the advanced poll yesterday with my conscience and I'm proud, win or lose. It's not about who's the leader for me, it's about the overarching vision for the province.

Ontario voters are being played yet again, only this time it's the NDP that's the Establishment's favored anti-Tory trophy/bobble.
Well if there was any doubt to the poster reference prior as per gist "Doug Ford's greatest apologist"...it's been dispelled.

Perhaps the press is conspiratorial in calling fools and morons for what they are? What exactly are you going to say when the PCs themselves go public with what they're now saying in private? "It's all Patrick Brown's doing?" "The work of Satanists?" "The Doug ate my homework?"

Well if there was any doubt to the poster reference prior as per gist "Doug Ford's greatest apologist"...it's been dispelled.

Perhaps the press is conspiratorial in calling fools and morons for what they are? What exactly are you going to say when the PCs themselves go public with what they're now saying in private? "It's all Patrick Brown's doing?" "The work of Satanists?" "The Doug ate my homework?"

How you got that I'm an apologist for Doug out of my post boggles the mind. I want the Conservatives to win period, it's not about Doug at all. Geez!

Back