News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

My prediction:

PC 87 seats
NDP 36
Lib 1

I just have this nagging gut feeling that it's going to be a PC steamroller like in 1995.

Funny. I've been saying all day that I'm *preparing for* a 90 PC/30 NDP kind of result. But that's a preparation for, not a prediction--I'd rather be open-ended (even on behalf of a worst-case scenario), than be skunked with a woefully incorrect guess. Likewise a week or so ago, I was "preparing for" the PCs to get back past the 40% threshold and the NDP to settle into a "normalized" low 30s--all of that is plausible given ground-level evidence and, as it turns out, late polls. But I'm also prepared for all of that *not* being the case...

Not all polling stations have the electronic machines. It has something to do with the density of voters per electoral district, or some kind of statistic similar to that. If your polling area has a lower density, it wont have the machine.

I just went out to vote, and my station had the machine. It made things a bit quicker, but the biggest hold up was for people who did not have proper identification, documentation, no VIC, etc...

Thanks for the reply. I'm still a little perplexed though. I'm in Spadina - Fort York in a neighborhood surrounded by condos. If my area isn't dense enough, I don't know what area would be.

Did anyone else here vote via paper ballot? I thought there were going to be electronic voting machines this time around, but my station didn't have anything like that. Stuffed my paper ballot into a box like before.

My poll had an electronic tabulator. Size of a small copier. Had to wait for the prompts to go through their process. Ballot was still paper though.

It seems doubtful, but I am wondering if Jack MacLaren supporters will screw up the PC's chances of holding his riding by voting Trillium.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still a little perplexed though. I'm in Spadina - Fort York in a neighborhood surrounded by condos. If my area isn't dense enough, I don't know what area would be.
I'm sure your ward must have had the machine at one of the voting locations, I guess you just weren't assigned to one of the lucky ones though.

Well that was quick, Ford has already been declared winner. God help us all.
Shows the disconnect between an urban and self-identifying progressive echo chamber like UT and the voice of the rest of the province.

It’s nice to see the Greens grab a seat, and the Liberals deservingly crushed.

Nah. More likely this outcome:

PCs - 74
NDP - 44
Liberals - 5
Green - 1
I do believe NDP can surge in some swing ridings due to strategic voting / undecideds making up their mind. Predicting 49 seats for NDP + Liberal combined is a little ridiculous and desperate.

Eat-Crow.jpg

My takeaway from this is that elections don’t matter any more. NDP/Libs need to start attacking Ford tomorrow. Pull the same hit on him that the Tories took out on Wynne.

Back