News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

If I had money I would run attack ads not endorsing any party but attacking third party advertisers like the Working Families Coalition, polling companies, and policy research organizations like the Frasier Institute.

The Liberals are quite intent on retaining Ontario's vice monopoly.

LCBO announces first 14 cities to have legal recreational marijuana shops
Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, and Hamilton will have the first LCBO-run recreational marijuana stores.
https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...-have-legal-recreational-marijuana-shops.html

Ontario Could Issue $500,000 a Day Fines to Wipe Out Weed Dispensaries
Landlords who rent to dispensaries could be jailed for two years.
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...to-dollar500000-a-day?utm_source=viceredditca

So this is the fourth(?) week of the college strike. Already some colleges are extending their fall terms to December 22nd. A few more weeks, and the entire fall semester will be a wash.

I wonder what the political ramifications of this might be.

This is becoming beyond bizarre.

I have serious doubts about *legalizing* pot, but obviously it had to be decriminalized. Now Wynne is criminalizing it again. This will absolutely backfire.

Possession and production are two completely different animals.

So this is the fourth(?) week of the college strike. Already some colleges are extending their fall terms to December 22nd. A few more weeks, and the entire fall semester will be a wash.

I wonder what the political ramifications of this might be.

Hopefully the 500k college students of Ontario (maybe a maximum of 100k of which aren't eligible voters) will keep in mind which government was the one that let this go on for as long as it did come election time in June

The impact is definitely there. A quick search on Twitter with the hashtag #OntarioCollegeStrike, and it shows that Wynne and especially Deb Matthews are public enemy number one(s) among students.

The impact is definitely there. A quick search on Twitter with the hashtag #OntarioCollegeStrike, and it shows that Wynne and especially Deb Matthews are public enemy number one(s) among students.
Something should be done about the tuition they paid. But the workers' concerns are entirely legitimate.

Something should be done about the tuition they paid. But the workers' concerns are entirely legitimate.

It goes beyond tuition paid. The time wasted and opportunities at risk are often more valuable. Near the beginning of the strike, a fair amount of students were actually able to relate to the workers' perspective. But at this stage, there's just a sense of widespread frustration. A lot of it they feel directed at the Provincial government. Which in turn will no doubt influence how these students will look towards voting in the next election.

Which in turn will no doubt influence how these students will look towards voting in the next election.

I wonder if the NDP could use this as a potential platform plank. This is literally something the Liberals can't steal (they own the strike at this point).

U of O nursing students fear losing their year because of college strike

Hundreds of students in collaborative nursing program at risk

Kimberley Molina · CBC NewsFirst published: November 09, 2017 at 8:08 AM ET

Nursing students at the University of Ottawa who take many of their courses through Algonquin College say they're being treated like second-class students as Ontario's college faculty strike nears the end of its fourth week.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...awa-nursing-students-worried-strike-1.4394368

Back