News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A good example of what?
That's not a "coded message". That's a rather blatant showing of one's beliefs.

Look, mate, it's 2019....we have to accept all the kooky religious folk, whether we agree with their fascistic moralising or not. (And I say this as someone who thinks Hitchens, Harris, and Dawkins actually know what's up....or knew, in Hitchens' case).

Showing up at March For Life isn't even what's wrong with Scheer. (And I say this as someone who has personally benefitted from the legal status of abortions, to be selfish about it).

He's ecologically and economically illiterate. I don't care that he believes in ghosts.
We just have to admit that some people in society think there's an actual baby in the womb. Soon all will realize that is it ok to kill an unborn baby right up until the moment before it comes out of the womb - and maybe a little after that as long as the chord hasn't been cut - for any reason at all. When we achieve that - we can truly be considered an advanced society.

Well if you ask me, we should go further and have post-natal abortions available up to the age of 939 weeks!

Goodness knows there are times when many a mother may need such a thing.

Last edited:
Well, because Trudeau is bananas, obviously.

In this politically correct climate, they probably didn't think they'd get away from the language fascists saying something more along the lines of #TrudeauIsMental.

I don't even think he's bananas or mental, myself. I just think he's a creepy and self-important narcissist with some rather socially dangerous ideas on the utility of tribalism and the attainment and retention of power.

So........hmmm.......#TrudeuIsAWannabeAuthoritarian

Just doesn't sound as smooth as #TrudeauIsBananas, you see what I mean.

The Liberal Caucus

The Liberal Caucus

Well that was creepy, though I love how the next two videos queued up for me were Aphex Twin and Chase and Status....perfect to take the edge off of that creepy banana ink marker ad. Aphex Twin and Chase and Status are also recommended to alleviate symptoms caused by having to listen to Trudeau speak.

Wait, come to think of it, the next two vids queued up by YouTube are also creepy in that they show how YouTube knows what I like and are creeping me. Like, not even the great choons that are Aphex Twin and Chase and Status can disguise that fact.

Wait a minute....who went and deleted my post about how ridiculous it is to start trying to abort living, breathing people?

Poor form. :p

We just have to admit that some people in society think there's an actual baby in the womb. Soon all will realize that is it ok to kill an unborn baby right up until the moment before it comes out of the womb - and maybe a little after that as long as the chord hasn't been cut - for any reason at all. When we achieve that - we can truly be considered an advanced society.

Yes, yes, we know there are people in society who think there are actual babies in wombs.

There are all sorts of people in society. I accept them all. Except baseball fans....those can just leave. ?

I think we can be considered an advanced society when we take environmental stewardship seriously. When we take mental health seriously. When anti-vaxxers finally die out. etc....but I love your use of sarcasm. Nice one. :)

Frankly, I find there's something a bit tin-eared about the Canada Proud "bananas" campaign (and I saw them at Yonge-Dundas this afternoon). At least Ontario Proud had a "smoothness" to their pitch; this is just dorky. Almost to the point where it could do to Canada Proud what "The Land Is Strong" did to Trudeau pere in 1972...

Interesting notes:

federal-election_-the-quebec-vote-updated.png

Given Quebec's continued support of the Liberals, could Ontario be a potential battleground during the election? Could we see some goodies coming our way from the Federal level?

From Reddit:
Le1bn1z said:
Everywhere except Alberta, basically.
"Winning" a given province or not isn't enough. Even if the Liberals "win" Quebec, if the Bloc and Conservatives do respectably, the Liberals will not be able to make up for expected losses elsewhere, and the Conservatives will win.
That means picking up a few seats even in "hostile" provinces is really important. The Liberals and Conservatives all have several important, very competitive races in every province except for Alberta and, for the Liberals, Saskatchewan.
GooseMantis said:
I'd say both Quebec and Ontario will be in play. Quebec has a tendency to overwhelmingly support one party (a single party has won the majority of Quebec's seats in every election since 1965), and while Quebec can be very unpredictable, I'd say a Liberal wave there is more likely than a Conservative one. Ontario, however, is poised to be crack for political junkies this fall. The Trudeau Liberals aren't very popular, and the provincial Liberals are in the wilderness. However, Doug Ford has dragged down the Conservative brand, and the NDP, despite their disappointing poll numbers, has shown a glimmer of hope in Ontario. There have been numerous polls putting NDP support in the 20's, combined with the fact that the Ontario NDP has a very strong base across urban Ontario. I would argue Ontario will be the main battleground in this election.

Trudeau has lot of support in the East Coast too.

Really outside of some big cities the party is really not that popular.

Those Quebec numbers are interesting.

See: Conservative numbers.
Highest gainers.

So stoked for the upcoming minority government, which is the only type of government that should ever be elected using this antiquated piece of shit electoral system. And given the continued beating that old politics will continue to suffer, minority governments for years. Eventually people will stfu about "scary, spooky" coalition governments and we'll finally get cooperative and reasonable governance.

19 or even 20 Conservative seats in Quebec would be the Liberals' nightmare. I say bring it on!

Yeah, I'm ok with that............as long as it doesn't end up causing a false majority. (Don't bother, I know how to count percentages and I'm not fooled by fake maths).

Anything causing a Liberal a nightmare is good times. Bonus if Conservatives are also having nightmares.

You know what, actually, take the whole establishment political structure (including the orange ones) and give them nightmares. Might humble them.

....I'm dreaming again. (Right? Ford? Trump? Soon to be Johnson?...can't be real....Hunter S Thompson would have had a heart attack if he were still around).

This reminds me....I just realised that people who support FPTP remind me of flat-earthers defending their untenable position with a serious ignorance of sometimes quite basic maths. FPTP-ers = flat-earthers.....it all makes sense now.

Last edited:
Interesting notes:

federal-election_-the-quebec-vote-updated.png

Given Quebec's continued support of the Liberals, could Ontario be a potential battleground during the election? Could we see some goodies coming our way from the Federal level?

From Reddit:
That headline is one way of interpretting the Forum Poll. "Poll Shows Sunny Days Continue for Justin Trudeau in Quebec"
Another headline could have been; "CPC leads in every Region of Quebec except for Montreal".
Its a bit unclear if they mean Montreal island, or Montreal area - because the sample size is 37% of the provincial population - which is more than Montreal island.

Back