News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

That headline is one way of interpretting the Forum Poll. "Poll Shows Sunny Days Continue for Justin Trudeau in Quebec"
Another headline could have been; "CPC leads in every Region of Quebec except for Montreal".
Its a bit unclear if they mean Montreal island, or Montreal area - because the sample size is 37% of the provincial population - which is more than Montreal island.

All of eastern Quebec except the Gaspesie (Libs) and Manicouguan (Bloc) is looking pretty good for the Tories at the moment.

That is a fairly safe Liberal seat, I wonder if vote splitting would make it even safer .

I guess Renata doesn't realize she now becomes a public figure and her past is now fair game and can be used by the media and other candidates.

Last edited:
I am going to wait for the hypocritical left wingers attacking Ford for past drug use while always playing the sympathy for addicts card in most other situations.

Then again these are generally the same people who attack Bernier's English speaking while saying it is wrong to criticize someones English in other circumstances.

Last edited:
I am going to wait for the hypocritical left wingers attacking Ford for past drug use while always playing the sympathy for addicts card in most other situations.

Then again these are generally the same people who attack Bernier's English speaking while saying it is wrong to critisize someones english in other circumstances.

Those other drug addicts aren’t running for office, for one. And two, if you want hypocrisy, look no further than the cons doing the rounds with Doug Ford. War on drugs, hard times for users, vs sympathy and understanding for their Chosen One paid to 100K+ per annum on taxpayers dime? Honestly, dare you say that you’d tolerate a crackhead to be at the seat of one of the largest governments in the county if it was anyone else. That’s hypocrisy.

Would you have tolerated this in office if it was anyone else?

AoD

Last edited:

Then again these are generally the same people who attack Bernier's English speaking while saying it is wrong to critisize someones english in other circumstances.

She is a candidate now. Her impaired driving issues are fair game.

Those other drug addicts aren’t running for office, for one. And two, if you want hypocrisy, look no further than the cons doing the rounds with Doug Ford. War on drugs, hard times for users, vs sympathy and understanding for their Chosen One paid to 100K+ per annum on taxpayers dime? Honestly, dare you say that you’d tolerate a crackhead to be at the seat of one of the largest governments in the county if it was anyone else. That’s hypocrisy.

Would you have tolerated this in office if it was anyone else?

View attachment 191245

AoD
I did not tolerate it I just feel looking back there was way to much of a gotcha from a group of people that expects me to have sympathy for people who steal to get drug money.

Anyway there is a lot of hypocrisy on both sides. I try to keep myself in check but nobody is perfect in that regard.

I sense this will become a case where Bernier took advantage of an emotionally fragile Renata, and it will backfire on both of them.
Not so much a star candidate, more like a candidate whose sole purpose is to annoy Doug.

Anyway there is a lot of hypocrisy on both sides. I try to keep myself in check but nobody is perfect in that regard.

Except that your coded language suggest something far, far from perfect. A belated "both sides" is a rather clear attempt to situate yourself as a disinterested third party/the centre - it's a save.

AoD

Last edited:
Well, she is also kind of a nut job as well, so she is a perfect fit for the PPC.

I don't know who else follows Frank Graves on Twitter, but he commented that based on a number of factors, a solid CPC majority scenario is now looking like a Liberal minority.. Visible minorities are looking away from the CPC, and people like Michael Cooper aren't helping out much.

Then again these are generally the same people who attack Bernier's English speaking while saying it is wrong to criticize someones English in other circumstances.

Yo, don't worry....I got this:

As an avid enthusiast of psychopharmacology, please allow me to explain something to you.

Drug addiction is a medical condition that can prevent one afflicted by it from performing to their full potential in day-to-day life. Right. So, this doesn't mean that they become less human and shouldn't have their medical condition treated.
However, a crackhead in the streets is not the same as having a chief magistrate of a jurisdiction unable to function to the level that is expected of them.
If Rob Ford had been a regular citizen, I don't think anyone would have had much problem with him smoking crack or indulging in too much ethanol (a rather toxic solvent...perhaps you know of it :p ).
The fact is that he wasn't a regular street crackhead or alkie but the mayor of the biggest city in Canada.

Also, I don't necessarily have sympathy for addicts. Empathy, yes, but if you fuck up, you fuck up. Get over yourself. It's not that hard. I've tough loved more than one friend out of the depths of fuckery and despair.
I just happen to know what drug abuse is actually about.

Also, I'm not speaking for any "lefties" here or anywhere as I am not such a person. I'm only explaining to you why what you observe may be the case, given my own perceptions and experience.

Also, Rob Ford was just a shitty person, so there's always that. One of my best friends is an ex-crackhead and she's a fine person. So, you know, Rob Ford < random crackhead.

Back