News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

How many more HIMARS were promised?
On Wiki says 20 delivered and 18 pledged. They also have 10 M270s, each of which has twice the tubes of a HIMARS. So we can they have the equivalent of 40 HIMARS and they are going to increase the number of 227mm launch tubes by 25% by the summer and probably 50% by the end of the year.

I saw the US was acquiring hundreds more HIMARs systems. I think the war is providing fairly good promotional material, though I guess it is more because of the half pregnant nature of this proxy war that neither side can establish air superiority.

I saw the US was acquiring hundreds more HIMARs systems. I think the war is providing fairly good promotional material, though I guess it is more because of the half pregnant nature of this proxy war that neither side can establish air superiority.

Our own military has been trying to explain to our governments for two decades what precision long range precision fires can do. HIMARS and Excaliburs fired from M777s were also used in Afghanistan and Iraq. The public just wasn't as enamoured with tracking and understanding those conflicts.

The HIMARS as a system are relatively cheap. $4M per launcher. And a battalion (18 launchers) is all that's really needed to support a division (the size of Canada's army). If we wanted overkill, maybe a battalion per brigade.

Note to Mods. Sadly, it may be necessary to change Thread Title and remove "2022" - though there may be some sort of a 'pause' in 2023, I fear it may drag on for many years.
I see the thread title has been changed to "2022/23 Russian-Ukrainian war". Not to be too pessimistic, I think it might have been better to have no year or say "Russian-Ukrainian war 2022+ " While a 'hot war' may end in 2023,I bet that the conflict will continue 'under the radar' for decades - much as the skirmishes that have been happening in eastern Ukraine have been going on since 2014.

I see the thread title has been changed to "2022/23 Russian-Ukrainian war". Not to be too pessimistic, I think it might have been better to have no year or say "Russian-Ukrainian war 2022+ " While a 'hot war' may end in 2023,I bet that the conflict will continue 'under the radar' for decades - much as the skirmishes that have been happening in eastern Ukraine have been going on since 2014.

I agree.

It would be more prudent to put something like Russia-Ukraine conflict - ONGOING

Yup I'm with you on this. I always thought the thread title should've been 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine because the war has been ongoing since 2014.

I think the best title would be Russian-Ukrainian war (2014-Present)

It appears we (Canada) are set to buy Ukraine some U.S.. Missile systems.

From the above:

1673378040805.png

Poland has announced they'll be sending Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine!

I think NATO is getting antsy about ending this conflict sooner rather than later.

Back