News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm pretty ambivalent to this by-election, but with the recent anti-Chow sentiment I'm definitely leaning towards voting for her; just so much hyperbole and borderline racism. IMHO, they all suck - some will suck more for sure but I'm pretty uninspired by all of them.

I am well known as being among the most open-minded here and willing to entertain arguments and people with whom I disagree.

But the arguments must be made in good faith, by people of good faith, they must be germane to the topic of the thread and demonstrate some intelligible thought process.

That is not the case here. There is a cycling infrastructure thread here where you can post your widely discredited views that have been shown by evidence the world over to make no sense, those arguments have been had here before
and they were resoundingly exposed as ill-conceived before.

Your other arguments on other subjects are no less absurd, they are clearly designed to engage people in a flame war, and to degenerate a place of thoughtful discussion into the morass that is SkyscraperPage.

I'll pass thanks.

This is inaccurate, you were baiting other members with comments you know to be infuriating and intellectually unsound.

Also, as Furey cannot be described as a credible contender at this juncture, I don't think his fringe views merit further examination.
Your entire reply is laced with scathing ad hominem attacks. You really need to get those anger issues under control.

So, who is Kevin Weiner? Anyone on UT?

IMG_8894.jpeg

Reactions: PL1
Seems like it, he’s a market urbanist More Neighbours type.

I wonder if Eric is sad about BradBrad.

Re-read all of No Vacancy's comments about bike lanes and replace "bike lanes" with "sidewalks" for a laugh.

Sidewalks intersect with vehicle traffic!

Pedestrians weave in and out of traffic!

You can only walk a few months of the year!

Walking is biased towards young men!

Sidewalks take up too much space!

You shouldn't walk on Bloor street! It's too dangerous!

Walking is evil!

Kind of stupid that Tory would support Bailiao AFTER advanced polling has already taken place.
And yet people have been predicting that it was likely to happen and that the Bailão campaign would have been working on extracting the endorsement. What baffles me is that he has the effrontery to say that she will fix things without mentioning who left them (rather abruptly) in the condition they are in. I would have expected a skilled politician to suggest that his successor would build on his progress. But so many of the people campaigning against Chow appear to think that I will believe that she is somehow to blame for the decline of services and safety in the city in the last 13 years when she hasn't been on city council since 2005.

Good. No one will miss them.
You sound like a bigot.
Good. Investor landlords are predatory hoarders. Every unit they don't own is a unit someone can buy to live in rather than leach off of tenants.

Ignorant bigot. If an investor landlord owns an apartment building that cannot be sold off as individual units, who exactly is he hoarding the building from?
Yes really, are you for real or are you just playing a mustache twirling villain for fun?

Ad hominem attacks are lame.

Back