Hi guys, I just called Tarion to understand a bit more on the unavoidable delay addendum. On the critical dates statement, page 4/12 section 5 (Extending Dates- Due to Unavoidable Delay). It says vendor is suppose to send out an updated on the Critical Dates 20days after unavoidable delay ends or next critical dates. So COVID 19 ended around Mar 21.. shall we be expecting some updates soon?

Also Tarion recommended to call HCRA about this Greenland's lack of transparency and concerns. I found that their license expires this year November on https://obd.hcraontario.ca/profile/B46486

Hi guys, I just called Tarion to understand a bit more on the unavoidable delay addendum. On the critical dates statement, page 4/12 section 5 (Extending Dates- Due to Unavoidable Delay). It says vendor is suppose to send out an updated on the Critical Dates 20days after unavoidable delay ends or next critical dates. So COVID 19 ended around Mar 21.. shall we be expecting some updates soon?

Also Tarion recommended to call HCRA about this Greenland's lack of transparency and concerns. I found that their license expires this year November on https://obd.hcraontario.ca/profile/B46486
Thanks Bill, I have contacted my lawyer and forwarded what you uploaded here. I will upload my update later on. Yes, they cannot further excuse from COVID19, as the major population was vaccinated. Let's see how it goes

Thanks Bill, I have contacted my lawyer and forwarded what you uploaded here. I will upload my update later on. Yes, they cannot further excuse from COVID19, as the major population was vaccinated. Let's see how it goes
Thanks! Please kindly share any info or suggestions you have.

Would you be able to ask your lawyer if the first notice addendum overwrites all the dates listed on page 1 including 2&3(purchasers termination period 2026) or just 1.
I want to confirm if they don’t deliver by 2026, we have the right to terminate. Thanks a lot

Thanks! Please kindly share any info or suggestions you have.

Would you be able to ask your lawyer if the first notice addendum overwrites all the dates listed on page 1 including 2&3(purchasers termination period 2026) or just 1.
I want to confirm if they don’t deliver by 2026, we have the right to terminate. Thanks a lot
How did you guys receive notices? I didn’t receive any email from the builder.

I have written them every 6 months for an update and the estimated completion date. In 2020, the answer was delay due to Covid, and then it became everything is fine, progress is being made, and but cannot give a completion date.
BTW, all the emails have a very strictly written warning stating the info is confidential and I could not share it with anyone else. That was a redflag for me.
There is a total lack of transparency.

Even if we get our deposit funds back, (which I believe we will, probably with no interest) , it is the lost opportunity. The Lakeside condo should have appreciated by at least 25% by now, which could amount .$0.25MM to $0.5MM. A huge loss!.
How long are they going to hold our deposit and enjoy the interest earned, when we could have deployed that money elsewhere.

I called the city last year, and the engineer I talked to said that there is active interaction taking place with the deleveloper, and that they seemed to be genuine. But I don't buy that anymore. (See my earlier posts).Maybe their intention was to complete the project, and somethig happened, and we are the ones left holding the bag.

looks like greenland really don't want to communicate with us. Either don't receive calls or give robotic replied. Below are the list of ppl for reaching out:

City planner for this project: Chris Hilbrecht 416 392-0172

Lawyer at Harris Sheaffer : (416) 250-5800 ask the receptionist to transfer to the girl/lady in charge of this project. Her name was some thing sounded like Charlene ? I could be wrong on the name.

File Builder complaint: lack of transparency

Anyone know anybody else, feel free to add

Greenland is simply holding on and dragging this out as long as possible in hopes they'll get a bailout that will allow them to actually build this project.

They will continue to delay this until one of two things happen. They get a major cash injection (which is looking less and less likely given the current covie situation in China itself) or they will offload the project because they can't afford it and are short on money.

But again, rest assured they will drag this out as long as possible while continuing to give the same vague answers as to the status of the project.

looks like greenland really don't want to communicate with us. Either don't receive calls or give robotic replied. Below are the list of ppl for reaching out:

City planner for this project: Chris Hilbrecht 416 392-0172

Lawyer at Harris Sheaffer : (416) 250-5800 ask the receptionist to transfer to the girl/lady in charge of this project. Her name was some thing sounded like Charlene ? I could be wrong on the name.

File Builder complaint: lack of transparency

Anyone know anybody else, feel free to add
Her name is Sharlene and she is not that high up in the organization. She was kind enough to forward my questions to the builder(to which I am sure they will provide the generic response).

Her name is Sharlene and she is not that high up in the organization. She was kind enough to forward my questions to the builder(to which I am sure they will provide the generic response).
very kind of her to forward your questions to the builder. will you touch base with her next week for any feedback? or via email communication with her?

Back