News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
From the Lobbyist Registry, we learn this site is in play.

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32512​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

To discuss submitted request for employment land conversion re 2450 Finch Avenue West.

Streetview:

1635792552872.png

Aerial Pic:

1635792672358.png

Site Size: ~1.25ha/3.1ac

@Amare, I understand the reluctance to change employment land designations in many cases, but here, there is tons of employment land to the north, this lot fronts Finch, right where the LRT is going. I think greater density in the form of mixed-use, is appropriate on this parcel.

@Amare, I understand the reluctance to change employment land designations in many cases, but here, there is tons of employment land to the north, this lot fronts Finch, right where the LRT is going. I think greater density in the form of mixed-use, is appropriate on this parcel.
The thing about this is; if we're going to be converting any employment land there needs to be some kind of assurance that at the very minimum, we're going to have something in place that will replace the employment with a different retail space (ie: not your generic form of retail that allows for Starbucks, Tim Hortons, the local weed shop, dental office, etc..).

Having some space which allows for something like a food kitchen, food co-op, etc. to name a few would be at minimum a decent trade off. The city is sorely lacking space in certain areas, and if the city is even considering allowing the change then they need to think outside of the box (rather than just making a quick buck of taxes, section 37s, and what have you).

Update from Toronto City Council, c/o Matt Elliott.

1697143780480.png

Attachments

• 1697143352683.png
    1697143352683.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Update from Toronto City Council, c/o Matt Elliott.

View attachment 512623

Silly question, why did you post this to a thread for an unrelated site?
I didnt look into the details of the motion regarding the location, but I have a feeling on first glance that this would be for:

And if it is indeed, i'm mystified as to why on the planet Morley would even try to convert this to Mixed-Use and i'm glad council outright rejected this motion to the fullest. I get she supports the need for housing, but this is a very stupid move and location to convert land. I'll be writing up a message to her to express my disappointment in her attempting this.

Back