News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I don't believe anyone has mentioned this project (on Bloor, beside the Colonnade) before, by &Co.

Go to http://www.andco.com/ >What We Do>On Going>28 St. Thomas.

AoD

So this is basically that nice Miesesque black modernist midrise with the Royal De Versailles in the base? Can't see it going through...

Interesting renderings of the RBC Centre, Telus as well!

EDIT I just remember something - I was in the Escada boutique today, took a friend to get something. The boutique is at the second floor of that building. Something I noted was that there were NO tenants! The building stood empty, except for Fox Media at the fifth floor...

I can't see it not going though. It's just a gut and conversion of an existing fine (but nothing special) office building.

very very nice.....What is Gathering (2007)?

Gathering is one of the proposed 'gateways' to be placed near the entrances to the City along the 401. There is a mention of it in an earlier thread.

This is a damn nice piece of architecture. I hope it is more than just a proposal/dream.

Still trying to pin down the exact location...? Does this front on Bloor? What will it replace?

492905294_5b604a1261.jpg

Strangely enough, that looks as if the building demolished for Minto Yorkville returned as a half-decomposed zombie corpse to terrorize the neighbourhood

Pretty nice looking zombie-corpse-building-rendering-dream, etc.

According to the architects site, it will be located at the corner of St. Thomas and Bloor-from the looks of it, this is kitty corner to the small old roots store which used to be located on St. Thomas.

The exterior is fine, nothing to write home about, but the interior spaces look quite stunning- good massing however.

p5

Yeah, it is in fact the dark building on the right. The tenants are gone - or are going - in preparation for the conversion.

Back