News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Generally, I like the structures Montgomery Sisam have contributed (esp. The Island Yacht Club). That render is just OK.

Some of their recent buildings have been eco-conscious but bland. My favourite M-S project is the Humber Bay Arch Bridge. It doesn't seem to have much relation to their current work.

snails21.jpg

snails21b.jpg

Though they've retained some depth to the facade, this is almost one of the more comical attempts at preserving a facade I've witnessed. It looks like the second and third stories are perched on a shelf above the street. Ridiculous, I hope they modify this to restore the original ground floor as opposed to "modernizing" it.

Though they've retained some depth to the facade, this is almost one of the more comical attempts at preserving a facade I've witnessed. It looks like the second and third stories are perched on a shelf above the street. Ridiculous, I hope they modify this to restore the original ground floor as opposed to "modernizing" it.

Agree. That render me LOL. Just horrible.

The developer should take it back to the drawing board. The heritage facade can be integrated into the development to look like an entire old building. The contemporary facade should have more glazing and look like an actual building, not a shopping mall storefront.

April 27:

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3563.jpg
    IMG_3563.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,017

Back