News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I sincerely hope they don't plan to build anything in the Kraft site. Humber Bay Shores has thus far looked pretty good and I hope they dont go screwing it all up with this garbage. Would it kill them to choose something less Dollarama and more Pottery Barn?

So the application was just an upzoning for better sale price exercise. Hmm…

Jan 14

That's Key West under construction on the left.
42ParkLawnPano.jpg

Community Council approved the amendment. On to City Council in February.
P1370868.jpg

Attachments

• 42ParkLawnPano.jpg
    42ParkLawnPano.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,382
  • P1370868.jpg
    P1370868.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,320
It seems that Amexon has an interest in this site along with Petro J, so the thread title has been amended. With Amexon part of the story here now, I will hope to see some coordination between what's built here and the existing Amexon South Beach development to the immediate north.

No idea when marketing will start on this. Amexon have 488 University to concentrate on downtown at the moment, meanwhile, immediately to the south of this site The Times Group have another 8 storeys worth of units (and whatever was remaining) to sell in their Key West project, now under construction and heading for 44 storeys. South of it, Onni is ramping up marketing for Encore, the last tower at Westlake, and selling out the remaining suites in towers 1, 2, and 3. Across Lake Shore there's Eau du Soleil and a number of other projects currently selling. It all adds up to a lot of competition in the Humber Bay Shores area right now, so once this project does go forward, I'll bet that Amexon will need something pretty slick up their sleeves to make the sales they will need. That said, they've done well so far with South Beach and it's looking promising at 488 University.

It's about the same size as the Key West lot to the south, but yes, those are the smallest lots on Park Lawn.

I feel sorry for the future residents of this development...how will they get out of their condos by car? Park Lawn is the only access road they will have.

Park Lawn can be busy at rush hour, but so can every thoroughfare.

What the area needs, especially as redevelopment comes to the Mondelez lands, is a new GO Station poised between Park Lawn and the Humber Loop.

Back