News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Attack the facts. Not the author. And I find myself in agreement about Singh and the NDP this election. Even while claiming to be serious about governing, they present an uncosted budget and all kinds of fanciful promises that step all over provincial jurisdiction.

And if somebody truly cares about progressivism and moving the ball on that, the arguments that the government that signed childcare agreements with 8 provinces and instituted a national carbon price, is "all talk" looks pretty ridiculous. That kind of mischaracterization from the NDP, in pursuit of power, is gross.

Attack the facts. Not the author. And I find myself in agreement about Singh and the NDP this election. Even while claiming to be serious about governing, they present an uncosted budget and all kinds of fanciful promises that step all over provincial jurisdiction.

And if somebody truly cares about progressivism and moving the ball on that, the arguments that the government that signed childcare agreements with 8 provinces and instituted a national carbon price, is "all talk" looks pretty ridiculous. That kind of mischaracterization from the NDP, in pursuit of power, is gross.

I'm more than happy to discuss policy specifics and was the first here to critique the NDP platform after I read it, as I have done with all the parties.

That said, every column JJ writes contains misinformation and foolishness and he Canada bashes non-stop and is a complete francophobe too.
Its important to know about him; and its equally important to know he's Canadian, and does not inherently offer an 'American' perspective on our country.

On childcare, let me offer that the Paul Martin Liberals signed a national accord with the provinces that included Childcare and a variety of First Nations investments...........that he subsequently lost an election, and that promise was never delivered
ripped up by Harper.

Likewise, the Wynne government made a host promises on Childcare and full pharmacare for seniors {eliminating the deductible) etc.............and none of those came to pass, nor did the $15 minimum wage that was promised, as Ford ripped those up.

Promises that a party takes seriously need to be actioned in year-one of a government, and delivered/implemented (where possible) before an election, not merely announced.

The NDP platform, just as the Tory one and the Liberal one are deeply flawed documents. The three range between 86 pages and over 160 pages; all filled with a mix of ideas/commitments, some good, some bad, most worthless and amorphous
and not one properly paid for by spending restraint in select areas, or adequate tax increases.

Looking over at 338 Canada, some interesting projections going on...........

Take a look at Kitchener Centre, where the Lib Candidate is gone.

1631039677896.png

And Parkdale High Park

1631039757495.png

Of course these may be wrong............or might be right (for now)............

Interesting to see what appears to be in play and what does not.

They all do that to varying degrees. They generally bump into the provincial view of 'give us the money and we'll determine how to spend it.

Well, in his opinion Canadians and Americans are culturally identical so maybe he thinks he has an American perspective.

JJ's delusions don't constitute evidence of much, to anyone but him.

Well, in his opinion Canadians and Americans are culturally identical so maybe he thinks he has an American perspective.
But aren't we? JJ does need to be taken with a pinch a salt, to a greater or lesser extent, no doubt. But. He can be quite amusing especially when bursting American ideas of Canada that have no grounding in reality.

Back