News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Yeah, don't go there for the food (I can attest; they should have called it Bland Route), but the incredible washrooms are enough of a reason to visit.

Development proposal calls for two buildings here - one at 33m and a second behind it at 42m. In between them will be a one story, green-roof/landscaped courtyard.

Proposal was submitted last year and developer is now requesting variances.

I work right across from this building and the new Freed one at 500 Wellington. Oh and then there's 400 Wellington. Should be fun!!

I haven't heard anyone say anything good about Spice Route. Guess they put all the money into the reno.

Just received this email from Vaughan's office:

Councillor Adam Vaughan invites you to a community meeting:

Proposed Developments in the Wellington Place Neighbourhood

Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Time: 6:00 – 8:30 PM

Councillor Vaughan would like to hear your feedback about proposed developments in the Wellington Place Neighbourhood, specifically:

- Proposal at the north-east corner of Front and Bathurst
- 456 Wellington St W (between Portland & Spadina)
- 525 Adelaide St W (Adelaide & Bathurst) (tentative)

Please let us know if you plan to attend, by phone at 416-392-4044 or email at councillor_vaughan@toronto.ca.

Best regards,

Councillor Adam Vaughan
Ward 20, Trinity-Spadina
416-392-4044
www.adamvaughan.ca

Ths Wellington and Adelaide proposals I had heard about, but not the one on the corner of Front and Bathurst. Anyone know anything about this?

Building Height Chopped!

The neighbourhood association reports that the developer of 456 Wellington has agreed to reduce the requested height variance from 41m to 33.6m (including top of stair bulkhead to 35.1m).

That's a pretty hefty drop all of a sudden, anyone know the background on this? Construction soon?

I was at the last community meeting, and this was the sole sticking point. The representative of the developers claimed that there was no way they could make the numbers work without the height increase, but I guess they figured something out, which is good news for everyone, as this is a good development for the neighbourhood.

456wellingtonos3.jpg

Well, it looks good--better than the Craft Burger that came to mind when I saw the title.:) But, is it too late in the real estate cycle?

edit: just looked at their website, so far they've been responsible for much misery--hideous chain strip malls--Shopper's Drug Marts, banks, fast food outlets, etc. Yuck. Hope they get their act together with the move into residential buildings.

Last edited:
According to Craft Development's map of Ontario, there is no Bruce Peninsula. Small matter, but, well, why?

Back