Here are some picks, all Toronto developments, not particular order:

- Living Shangri-La
- Ritz Carlton Residences
- 33 Harbour Square
- 1 St. Thomas
- Maple Leaf Square / ICE
- Pier 27

Hi Yossi,

Why would you purchase a $5M property in Maple Leaf Square / ICE?

Just curious.

Last edited:
Hi Yossi,

Why would you purchase a $5M property in Maple Leaf Square / ICE?

Just curious.

People have different reasons, and there are no $5 mil units for sale at MLS/ICE, but from Real-Estate stand point, the location is prime and there are no large spaces in the downtown available. So if I was a famous hockey player or NBA superstar, or ran a big company, or had the money I would take a floor or two at the top of the tower and the rest will become history.

I couldn't disagree more. In fact I believe that the buyers in this building never thought things through properly and when they realize what kind of nightmare it is going to be living next to a hockey arena and sandwiched between the highway and the train station they will absolutely shocked at their stupidity.

What other city builds residential next to sports areas I ask you? Nobody lives above MSG in New York because the people there are intelligent enough to understand that it would be a logistical nightmare. I suppose it makes sense that the cult of support for the Leafs would extend to Leaf branded condos but once this building goes live the owners are going to be in for a very rude awakening.

Why do you think it's a logistical nightmare? It's a 2 minute walk to the largest business district in the country, a 10 second walk to the largest rail hub in the country, etc...

Seems pretty convenient to me.

I couldn't disagree more. In fact I believe that the buyers in this building never thought things through properly and when they realize what kind of nightmare it is going to be living next to a hockey arena and sandwiched between the highway and the train station they will absolutely shocked at their stupidity.

What other city builds residential next to sports areas I ask you? Nobody lives above MSG in New York because the people there are intelligent enough to understand that it would be a logistical nightmare. I suppose it makes sense that the cult of support for the Leafs would extend to Leaf branded condos but once this building goes live the owners are going to be in for a very rude awakening.

I don't see this as any different or worse than living in a Cityplace condo surrounding lower Spadina or the Yonge and Sheppard corridor.
Yes, it will be busy but I'm pretty sure buyers know what they're in for. I'm also pretty sure some people welcome living right in the thick of it.

I don't see this as any different or worse than living in a Cityplace condo surrounding lower Spadina or the Yonge and Sheppard corridor.
Yes, it will be busy but I'm pretty sure buyers know what they're in for. I'm also pretty sure some people welcome living right in the thick of it.

sure but they're not asking $700 PSF !

I agree completely and was shocked at how fast this project and ICE, etc. have sold out or are selling. The local infrastructure is nowhere near what it should be for such density and these people living between the Skydome and ACC are in for a very rude awakening 250 days a year. Especially if they have cars and are commuting. If they work right downtown, which I would be at least 50% don't, then it'll be a complete nightmare.

I used to live at the ICON II on Wellington and got the hell out of there because of the loud noise from the clubs and traffic from the Rogers Centre and I wasn't even in the thick of it.

While the original investors have definitely made moolah, I doubt going forward it'll be a good deal.

I like this penthouse:
http://www.realtor.ca/PrintableVers...rt=2&of=1&ps=10&o=A&Mode=0&PropertyID=9500406

Boutique building, full floor with 6,500 s.f. plus 3,200 s.f. of private terrace with infinity pool, two private elevator entries. $3.95 million
Isn't this Peter Freed's place?

I also love the full floor upper penthouse (13th floor) at Langston Hall, with wrap around terrace with screened plunge pool and walk up to a private roof top deck, Porsche designed dual island kitchen, and the typical sexy Langston Hall finishes. Much cheaper at just over $2.5 million.

Last edited:
I agree completely and was shocked at how fast this project and ICE, etc. have sold out or are selling. The local infrastructure is nowhere near what it should be for such density and these people living between the Skydome and ACC are in for a very rude awakening 250 days a year. Especially if they have cars and are commuting. If they work right downtown, which I would be at least 50% don't, then it'll be a complete nightmare.

I used to live at the ICON II on Wellington and got the hell out of there because of the loud noise from the clubs and traffic from the Rogers Centre and I wasn't even in the thick of it.

While the original investors have definitely made moolah, I doubt going forward it'll be a good deal.

Try driving in & out of Cityplace at any time -- morning and evening rush hours,weekends -- except early mornings-- and see for yourself the nightmare. Purchasers in ICE, MLS, Infinity and other nearby projects are in for a big shock.

Easy!
I'd combine PH units 4601 & 4602 at Casa. I'd re-design the plan with bedrooms, a workout room, den, laundry room and a soundproofed movie room in the south-east area (currently #4601). In the south-west area (currently #4602), a large, functional kitchen with breakfast area, dining room and living area. I'd choose Casa for several reasons, it's at the top of my list for favorate condo high-rises in Toronto, with good amenities and great location. I've lived in this neighbourhood for over 25 years and I love it plus I really like this section of Charles East including the wonderful chain of parkettes right next door. I can't see anything going up nearby to block views from this level and speaking of views could city and lake views get any better than from here? I also love the roof deck feature, I'd have a hot tub up there and I'd work with the developer so that we could work toward a green roof with as much green space as possible.
I would live happily ever after...

Yup that's what I'd love to do. I have 4601, better layout IMO, and would love to buy 4602 someday. 4602 has stairs going up in a very awkard place, def rip that out

Last edited:
Thanks for the layout cdr.

Great unit tomtom! Does the roof lighting have much of an affect?

congrats on your unit Tomtom! It's a nice floorplan. Welcome to the UT forums.

Like Johnzz, I also wonder how bright is it on the terrace being just under those lights at night.

Back