Link doesn't work!

I heard that one of the two developers (owners of Times Group) will be gunning for a spot on the board. It's our job to make sure he doesn't get one... talk about a conflict of interest.

Link doesn't work!

I heard that one of the two developers (owners of Times Group) will be gunning for a spot on the board. It's our job to make sure he doesn't get one... talk about a conflict of interest.

Oops! I'm sure you got the email. Just outlines building security. We have to set our in-suite alarms, they're linked to concierge. Also, guests will not be able to use the elevators without signing in. Residents must have their fobs in order to use the elevators and access their floor.

So, this place is going to be like Fort Knox. I like it :)

All of that is great news indeed. I wonder if every resident will have access to every floor...

I don't think so...

"Residents will have access to all floors in the Building Common Areas through use of the FOB".

That's becoming more popular in better buildings, all residents shouldn't have access to all floors except their own plus parking/amenity levels. Good systems will allow the enterphone system to only allow elevator access to the suite to which the resident was buzzed in through or a similar system controlled by the concierge.

I actually disagree with this notion. As an owner, all of those hallways are owned by me and denying me access makes it simply an extra extra gated community and is anti-social. In a condo you are already about 3 or 4 times more protected over a detached home. People need to stop with this "security" craziness - it's the equivalent of getting people to take off their shoes at the airport because 1 person out of the more than several billion that have flown over the past year tried to do something.

I actually disagree with this notion. As an owner, all of those hallways are owned by me and denying me access makes it simply an extra extra gated community and is anti-social. In a condo you are already about 3 or 4 times more protected over a detached home. People need to stop with this "security" craziness - it's the equivalent of getting people to take off their shoes at the airport because 1 person out of the more than several billion that have flown over the past year tried to do something.

What's to disagree with? If you live on the 10th floor why do you want access to the 15th floor? I think the security is necessary not so much to restrict access to residents as it is to restrict access to visitors. Weekend drunk visitors can do alot of damage to the hallways and disturbe residents......just look at the elevators on a Sunday morning. I think its great.....they should probably add camera's in the hallways if they haven't already.

good idea for extra security considering that moss park is down the street from teh building......lots of vagrants and homelessness wandering around in that area.

I think they are going way overboard with these security measures. I am surprised they went with the fob instead of an iris scanner to access your floor in the elevator! :)

Get over yourself.

And Moss Park is not a 10 minute stroll to Wellesley and Sherbourne. Complete bunk. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Perhaps MBS is thinking of Allen Gardens at Carlton/Jarvis/Sherbourne.
Moss Park is at Queen/Jarvis/Sherbourne, which is probably around 15-20 mins walk.

What's to disagree with? If you live on the 10th floor why do you want access to the 15th floor? I think the security is necessary not so much to restrict access to residents as it is to restrict access to visitors. Weekend drunk visitors can do alot of damage to the hallways and disturbe residents......just look at the elevators on a Sunday morning. I think its great.....they should probably add camera's in the hallways if they haven't already.

You're nuts if you think they should add cameras to the hallways. Nobody wants big brother watching over them. It's enough that every person's entry and exit into the building is logged (resident name, time, and entry/entrance location).

And why shouldn't we have access to every floor? If property management needs to buy a new carpet for floor x, don't you want to see if it's necessary since YOU are providing the money for this?

However, I do like the new FOB-elevator function.

And LOL at the notion that Moss Park is a 10 min, slow-paced walk from 500 Sherbourne. And double-LOL at your aversion to the use of "dude" when you describe yourself as a "boy".

Back