I agree, and I"ve posted here before, the engineered hardwood flooring was a complete waste of money. The manufacturer, Vintage Flooring, will never get money from me again.

In good news, my lawyer received notice on Wednesday that I will be closing at the end of January, 2011. The law office was kind enough to immediately inform me.
The builder or Delzotto Zorzi hasn't personally sent me notice yet, so I just wanted to pass along this information to you all in case your lawyers haven't passed it along to you.

Anyone have a unit near the garbage chute? I live a number of doors down but hear anytime garbage goes down the chute. It's quite loud. Keep in mind I used to live in a unit that was right next to the chute and rarely heard anything.

Registration and final closing will happen, finally. Our unit (top floor) will close on February 2, 2011; lower floor units already in January. No more occupancy fees, yeah!

Anyone have a unit near the garbage chute? I live a number of doors down but hear anytime garbage goes down the chute. It's quite loud. Keep in mind I used to live in a unit that was right next to the chute and rarely heard anything.

I don't hear the garbage chute when I am inside my unit. Thankfully.
When I am in the hallways, I find it very easy to hear noise (talking, TV's etc) from within people's condos.

Top floor!? Nice :)
I am also excited about the end of occupancy fees and the process of building equity.

Registration and final closing will happen, finally. Our unit (top floor) will close on February 2, 2011; lower floor units already in January. No more occupancy fees, yeah!

Huh? The dates have been set? How did you get notified? Did everyone get notification? I got nothing.

Oh, and hello everyone. I've been lurking in this thread ever since I looked at this building in September :p

Huh? The dates have been set? How did you get notified? Did everyone get notification? I got nothing.

Oh, and hello everyone. I've been lurking in this thread ever since I looked at this building in September :p

I have not been notified yet, however a friend who bought in the building was notified by his lawyer last friday.

Yeah, okay, just got a call from my lawyer. I'll be closing Jan 22. Sorry to jump the gun. I thought maybe I missed a mass email or something :p

Congratulations to everybody! We are about to become true owners! Let the mortgage payments begin! <- why am I excited about this?

Mortgages

I am very excited to be closing on the 2nd of Feb as well.

I am a mortgage broker with INVIS and am offering all residents at 500 Sherbourne that fund a mortgage with me by Feb.15, 2011 a $250 pre-paid visa card. Check out my website for information/my contact information and feel free to give me a call/email to discuss your mortgage options and about getting the best mortgage rate.

Anyone have problems with their granite counter tops staining? I left a bottle of oilve oil on ours, and now have a nice ring stain. any ideas on how to get it of? or should I contact the granite company?

Anyone have problems with their granite counter tops staining? I left a bottle of oilve oil on ours, and now have a nice ring stain. any ideas on how to get it of? or should I contact the granite company?

Don't forget that granite is porous, and needs sealing pretty much every year. The company will just say they sealed it, although a sealed counter-top should resist stains... to what degree, I don't know.

Not that it matters now, but Caesarstone is really the best option. It's synthetic, looks beautiful, and can withstand pretty much anything.

To get the stain out, you need to create some sort of solution that will absorb it, and leave it on overnight. Just google "oil stain granite" and you will get a plethora of answers.

Perhaps this has already been discussed, but, from the residents, any thoughts on the quality of the interior of this building?

I just moved into the neighbourhood. Walking by 500 Sherbourne the quality of the precast looks pretty low, especially with those random drainage spouts sticking will-nilly out of the facade.

Any thoughts?

I agree the exterior precast isn't the most beautiful, I don't like the fence in front and the steps on Sherbourne side need to be torn out and redone or resurfaced! There are chunks of concrete missing, they collect water and look like shit when it rains or snow melts. I rarely use this entrance.
The interiors are just as nice as most of the other developments in the area if not better. Stainless appliance in all the units I believe?
The common areas look very nice and there are some upgrades that other buildings lack such as the blinds, which were standard throughout the building including the units without charge.
Check out the model next to sales office, that's what most units look like. Otherwise a nice building overall.

Last edited:
I just received a letter on the weekend from the builder. They are adding the cost of the blinds approx $900 to my closing costs. I don't remember agreeing to them providing the blinds. Anyone else get this letter? Seems like another cash grab... I wonder what other suprises are lurking in the closing costs.

Back