News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Not too much new info, but "The city’s planning and housing committee is set to consider the application at its next meeting on July 3."

The real estate company that developed Accora Village is seeking permission to build two residential highrises near the Bayshore Shopping Centre.

Ferguslea Properties has submitted a proposal that would see two mixed-use towers of 37 and 40 storeys built at a two-acre site on Woodridge Crescent, just south of the Accora Village rental community and west of the Bayshore Shopping Centre.

Current zoning bylaws limit buildings at the property to 12 storeys. The city’s planning and housing committee is set to consider the application at its next meeting on July 3. According to planning documents, the shorter highrise, located on the west side of the property, would contain between 245 and 280 residential units while the taller tower would have between 266 and 304 suites for a total residential component of between 511 and 584 units, depending on unit sizes and the number of bedrooms in each suite.

Ferguslea is also asking to have the property’s zoning changed from residential to mixed use to allow for potential ground-floor commercial space in the two buildings.

The plan also includes a two-level underground parking garage with 448 spaces, along with eight ground-floor visitor parking stalls. A proposed privately owned public space between the two towers would feature a splash pad, public art and multi-use pathways.

Noting the site is located within 400 metres of the future Bayshore LRT station, city staff are recommending the committee approve the application.

“The proposed development increases housing choices on a site immediately adjacent to a rapid transit station,” a staff report tabled in advance of next week’s meeting says, adding the project will add density to an “underutilized parcel of land” and support “the evolution of 15-minute neighbourhoods by providing housing close to existing services and amenities.”

Feguslea isn’t the only firm eyeing new highrise residential development near the west-end mall.

Right beside the shopping centre at 100 Bayshore Dr., Toronto’s KingSett Capital, which owns the 880,000-square-foot retail complex, plans to build two towers of 27 and 30 storeys that would contain more than 550 units.

Meanwhile, Gatineau-based Brigil is hoping to construct a highrise up to 40 storeys tall that would include as many as 370 residential units at a site less than half a kilometre east of the Bayshore mall and just west of the future Pinecrest LRT station

Hoping this gets approved. Doesn't sound like they plan to start until Stage 2 West construction is complete, at least based on the last public consultation on Bay Ward YouTube.

So far as I know, the only opposition to this development has been from some residents of Qualicum across the highway interchange, a handful of whom may be able to see the tops of the towers poking over the tops of their fences.
And their opinion doesn't matter since this won't effect them at all.

Hoping this gets approved. Doesn't sound like they plan to start until Stage 2 West construction is complete, at least based on the last public consultation on Bay Ward YouTube.
I'm fine with them waiting for Stage 2 to finish, but this is a prime development beside the mall so I hope it gets approved with no height drops or density drops. It also helped that they decided to aim for the 40 and 37 story because we haven't heard much from the other lot. The other developers may be reworking it to be just as tall or even taller! Both developments are crucial for adding ridership and activity to the mall so I love it. This will be a great one to see go up, especially when you can see it coming into core Ottawa from the 417 and 416.

Approved by Planning. Leiper asked staff how many units were approved today. Between this project, the old Greyhound Bus Terminal on Catherine, a low rise on Empress and an 18 floor tower on St. Joseph, over 2,000 units were approved.

I am really really happy that these are approved. That means the lot beside owned by the mall will see the heights they got on this lot and will go for more density / height. This is awesome. I already loved this development but I am super amped!! 127m isn't a slouch, these will soar from Kanata and Barrhaven / entrances into the city from the highways.

I am really really happy that these are approved. That means the lot beside owned by the mall will see the heights they got on this lot and will go for more density / height. This is awesome. I already loved this development but I am super amped!! 127m isn't a slouch, these will soar from Kanata and Barrhaven / entrances into the city from the highways.
I would actually be happy if the Kingsett towers get built at 27+30s, because the variety of height would be excellent! That view from the Kanata hill on the 417 will be absolutely epic when this is all built out.

I would actually be happy if the Kingsett towers get built at 27+30s, because the variety of height would be excellent! That view from the Kanata hill on the 417 will be absolutely epic when this is all built out.
I would still be happy but if we get some more towers with some variation, I would not be opposed. 40+30+27 would still look pretty good imo. But yeah I agree, the views coming in are going to be EPIC. Plus the density added to LRT as well as traffic added to the mall are such big bonuses.

Back