News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Quoteth Nigel Tufnel: There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Best looking office buildings in the city for me, sorry (current employer) BMO, but our headquarters will never compete with (former employer) TD's.
:cool:

Tulse gets UT Member-of-the-day award for quoting the immortal Mr. Tufnel.

Although visually it is an improvement, as someone who works in these towers the slowness of progress has been really frustrating. I walk between the towers all the time and you are forever being rerouted in a maze of scaffolding/hoarding. They have been working on it for I think 5 years? They have torn up the stairs down from TD Tower to EY Tower 3 times - maybe the City of Toronto is the GC on the project.

Although visually it is an improvement, as someone who works in these towers the slowness of progress has been really frustrating. I walk between the towers all the time and you are forever being rerouted in a maze of scaffolding/hoarding. They have been working on it for I think 5 years? They have torn up the stairs down from TD Tower to EY Tower 3 times - maybe the City of Toronto is the GC on the project.

FYI - Stairs were only done once - they were moving out from where they were supposed to be so they rebuilt them with heating coils underneath to avoid frost heave again and so they don't have to be shovelled.

Second time they were blocked off was part of resurfacing that area of the courtyard (between TDT and EYT.)

Third time they were blocked off was because they were re-tiling the foyer ceiling outside EYT.

I believe they also blocked them off at one point because it became the staging area for other work on the steps leading to Wellington - and to the path.

I may have the order wrong, but the stairs were only redone once IIRC.

Throw on all the scaffolding around TDT and RTT and yes, it's been a mess for at least 4 years.

It'll look great....eventually.

Last edited:
9975075665_5ef03301f5_b.jpg

Superb shot.

/sarcasm

Back