News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Well, if I have to say something positive, I like the fact that the ground floor is so tall and bright.

Notice that the building would look considerably better if they would have left a flat roof.

23 June 2012: Garbage:

20120623201139.jpg

I like the intricate Art Nouveau-style railings, but the glass behind the railings detracts from the look. Perhaps the frieze in the centre is nice but it's hard to tell in that photo, and I get the feeling that it's manufactured as opposed to sculpted. The building is not bad, but it's not praiseworthy either with its confusion of contemporary style and odd historicist details

Last edited:
Pro's:
Continues streetwalll.
Provides additional retail space to rejuvinating retail strip
Uses non offensive red breck instead of pre-cast

Garbage is that weird pre-cast Paris-lite building at the corner of Adelaide and Jarvis.... With the exception of the bad roofline - I'd say this is an overwhelmingly positive addition to the street.

Actually not so bad. Good filler.

"Not so bad"... elaborate. Not so bad in which way?

Architecturally, it's a dog's breakfast and by looking at it, there is no read on what the designer was seeking to do here other than slap a bunch of catalogue parts onto a facade without any guiding mechanism. It makes no visual sense.

Back