News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Getting back to basics: who is the applicant?
Apparently it is all the property owners, led by the Albany Club. One suspects that if they ever get something approved (and it`s not likely to be 47 floors) they might then sell to a developer.

Apparently it is all the property owners, led by the Albany Club. One suspects that if they ever get something approved (and it`s not likely to be 47 floors) they might then sell to a developer.

Id say there is no problem getting 47s -50s/140-150 meters for this area of downtown.....

Id say there is no problem getting 47s -50s/140-150 meters for this area of downtown.....

No kidding....Welcome to the forum urban:), i dont think anywhere does it say these buildings will be demolished, and we definitely here on UT dont want to see them razed.

Yeah! so what...now-a-days 47 floors can be thrown in a backyard

You know very well im against knocking any of these historical buildings down, but you just want an argument:confused:

A better discription of what we're getting:....Rezoning application for 71-95 King St E to permit a 47-storey (137 m excluding mechanical penthouse) [/I]

How many masks do you wear AG?

What he says sounds reasonably consistent with wanting a 47 story building built in the parking lot behind the historical structures (while leaving the old buildings themselves standing).

What he says sounds reasonably consistent with wanting a 47 story building built in the parking lot behind the historical structures (while leaving the old buildings themselves standing).

Except everything we've read suggests that's not what's afoot.

The parking lot behind is five separate parcels: 46, 54, 56, 60 and 70 Colbourne. Four of those five, 54 - 70, along with 101 King around the corner, are already spoken to for Freed's proposed 60 Colboune project (development app, forum thread). That leaves 46 Colbourne. And there hasn't been a whiff of a mention of that address in the development application, just the King parcels.

Yeah, but neubilder and gristle dont like to see much tall development in this city, and will always find ways to make me look like some kind of a anti-heritage, supertall fantasizer! LOL:D...no problem, im pretty used to it.

Yeah, but neubilder and gristle dont like to see much tall development in this city, and will always find ways to make me look like some kind of a anti-heritage, supertall fantasizer! LOL:D...no problem, im pretty used to it.

Since you've defined yourself, let me point out to you - yet again - that I am not opposed to tall buildings. I am opposed to poorly located tall buildings and poorly designed tall buildings.

It's not at all clear on this thread if you support this proposal with respect to the demolition of the existing buildings. It is clear that you support it solely because it's tall.

I've asked you before, do not speak for me regarding my likes or dislikes.

Last edited:
I will admit that being associated with Rand is a bit of a sensitive issue for me. It happens almost every day. :)

Secondly, I admit to being very prone to not behaving well when people openly question my integrity. It is like kryptonite for my calm.

Also, I am intentionally ignoring what appears to be a cleverly executed way of characterizing me as a poorly adjusted person.

Good enough. I certainly don't want to get into unnecessary internet fights.

Peace?

Back