hoggytime

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Previous discussion on SSP Ottawa

Project Website

Render:

external-rendering.jpg

Is this moving really slowly? Photos from this evening. Looks similar to the Feb photos above....on 2nd thought, there is movement. Balconies and etc.
20240604_205955.jpg
1000003958.jpg

Looks pretty much done. Funny how we've seen so much activity around Little Italy in the past like 10 years. But now with this, Soho Italia, Soho Champagne II coming to and end, do we have any other projects ready to hit the ground soon in this area?

Looks pretty much done. Funny how we've seen so much activity around Little Italy in the past like 10 years. But now with this, Soho Italia, Soho Champagne II coming to and end, do we have any other projects ready to hit the ground soon in this area?
I've been thinking the same. We have the new Civic, but no new residential projects. Kind of the end of an era.

We've heard nothing about the new Preston Square tower in years, the Arnon project on the Beech Street parking is undergoing a re-think, Richcraft likely won't touch Skye for decades and Claridge seems to have slowed down, with most of their projects topped out or near complete, other than Claridge Hintonburgh.

I've been thinking the same. We have the new Civic, but no new residential projects. Kind of the end of an era.

We've heard nothing about the new Preston Square tower in years, the Arnon project on the Beech Street parking is undergoing a re-think, Richcraft likely won't touch Skye for decades and Claridge seems to have slowed down, with most of their projects topped out or near complete, other than Claridge Hintonburgh.
What's the latest with the Booth Street Complex? Feel like we haven't seen movement on that in a while either

What's the latest with the Booth Street Complex? Feel like we haven't seen movement on that in a while either
The federal government talks an awful lot about the housing crisis and getting homes built but then continues to sit on huge parcels of land that have plans approved (Booth St, Tunneys, etc.)

I know there is lots to deal with behind the scenes but it's frustrating.

The Bank of Canada cut the interest rate today, with more cuts almost certain to come this year. That could be the single biggest factor in getting projects going again.

The federal government talks an awful lot about the housing crisis and getting homes built but then continues to sit on huge parcels of land that have plans approved (Booth St, Tunneys, etc.)

I know there is lots to deal with behind the scenes but it's frustrating.
Agreed. It's been a good 15 years that we've been walking about redeveloping Tunney's. I wonder if the false starts at LeBreton is part of it; they don't wan to compete with what's supposed to be the "crown jewel". At this point though, considering the massive under supply and high rents/purchase prices, it's no longer a competition.
The Bank of Canada cut the interest rate today, with more cuts almost certain to come this year. That could be the single biggest factor in getting projects going again.
Not sure if 0.25% will make much of a difference.

Agreed. It's been a good 15 years that we've been walking about redeveloping Tunney's. I wonder if the false starts at LeBreton is part of it; they don't wan to compete with what's supposed to be the "crown jewel". At this point though, considering the massive under supply and high rents/purchase prices, it's no longer a competition.

Not sure if 0.25% will make much of a difference.
It's the start of a rate-cutting cycle, and will definitely have an effect on bond markets and development/construction companies being willing to take on debt. I recall an interview earlier this year with Colonnade BridgePort CEO saying he was waiting to see movement on interest rates before moving forward on some of their big projects.

Back