News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I agree. I really like the look they've achieved here, and yes, it does look retro. The proportion of clear glass (which won't likely change when the balconies are clad - I assume that will be clear glass too) to the opaque pale blue glass panels is quite pleasing, and I don't mind the endless repetition across the entire facade. That repetition works for me like the bass ostinato that runs throughout some musical pieces like Henry Mancini's Peter Gunn Theme - and I love Peter Gunn.

And boy, is this building ever great counterpoint to the Village by the Grange that it is all but surrounded by.

Natch.

The latest pics were taken from up above in the OCAD tabletop - which is the only place where one will actually be able to clearly see that side of the building. The front facade facing St. Patrick Street is much more varied and less monotonous.

I am personally very pleased with how this project is turning out - very sleek!

The latest pics were taken from up above in the OCAD tabletop - which is the only place where one will actually be able to clearly see that side of the building. The front facade facing St. Patrick Street is much more varied and less monotonous.

I am personally very pleased with how this project is turning out - very sleek!

Those pictures inspired me to take a trip to the top of the Alsop Table today on my way back from Queen Mother on Queen (anyone else LOVE this place as much as I do?!). Great views east and west - 9T6 really should be seen from this vantage point.

Little update: sales centre on St. Patrick Street will be closing soon, there are only 5 suites left for sale in the building (all small units). The first residents will be moving in by March - they are actually ahead of schedule!

Wow, it seems like yesterday that this was an empty parking lot. My girlfriend used to live in The Grange and I still remember the morning they moved the equipment in. Seems like ages ago but in terms of condo development, it really hasn't been that long....congrats to anyone who grabbed a unit!

9T6 looks great! I pass by this building almost everyday on my way to and from work. The side facing St. Patrick fits in nicely with the older buildings adjacent to it.

Cell phone snaps:

Peaking through:

2386060059_1182860d7b_b.jpg

On the walk home:

2386891444_e392fc4b1e_b.jpg

2386890742_530ed32a6c_b.jpg

2386890882_8a7faf4e5a_b.jpg

Back