40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The comparison with "Flamingo" was EXACTLY my first thought when I saw this installation. Absolutely love it.

And as for X's lobby. Wow! Simply stunning! I wish Casa's lobby were up to this calibre (Although it could come very close with better furnishings and appropriate lighting design).

Aside from the one small flaw which-shall-not-be-named, this building has turned out magnificently. I would even go so far as to label it the Casablanca (sorry Casa) of Toronto's new condos--a somewhat intriguing project with a good cast that, miraculously, had all it's disparate elements working perfectly together to create a masterpiece in which the whole is even greater than the sum of the parts.

Nowhere is this more true than at the base where the sleek, elegant lobby, the muscular black columns, the inspired red tubular art piece, and the lovely mature green trees that were thoughtfully saved by the builders, mesh together perfectly to create an harmonious, inspired whole.

And, finally, to top the whole thing off, those strategically placed Mondrian colour sprinkles, providing the right touch of whimsy to this otherwise dense and compelling edifice.

This is a brilliant new building and I love those coloured pieces in the facade as well as the new sculpture.

Back