8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

maxt797

Member Bio
Reaction score
had my camera in the office today and took these... enjoy.

DSC_4283.jpg

DSC_4284.jpg

DSC_4285.jpg

DSC_4286.jpg

DSC_4287.jpg

DSC_4288.jpg

DSC_4289.jpg

DSC_4290.jpg

DSC_4291.jpg

DSC_4292.jpg

DSC_4293.jpg

DSC_4294.jpg

Dunno about that. I have a weak spot for it.

But the street level and lobby need a complete and utter reno.

Fantastic pics!!

Good Downtown Toronto pics!

YYZer: I am guessing-thru process of elimination-that you are in the CIBC Tower. Nice view to see each day! LI MIKE

LI Mike....that would be dziogo.....but I agree, very nice view! :)

That's First Canadian Place he's shooting from. You can see cladding tiles that haven't fallen off in the first couple of pictures.

I stand corrected...and should have noticed...FCP!

DZIOGO: So-First Canadian Place it is! What floor were you on? Back in the 1979-80 time period I recall that FCP had a public observatory that was opened limited hours and days-maybe two days a week. I never got the chance to go up but I would have if I got the chance. I remember the M logo on top-it looks better then the BMO logo now. Hopefully the problem of the rock tiles coming loose can be solved. I remember how clean-and white-it was! I did not spot CIBC Commerce Court in the pics-but I noticed TD Centre though.
Again-good pics-and a view that someone like me would not get tired of! LI MIKE

Kind of a depressing view: looks like Calgary without the mountains! (Is that a put down? Yep)

Toronto really shows poorly from up high; which is why I wonder people are obsessed by buying 50 story towers? Toronto is nice within the city park--ie the streets and residential neighbourhoods. From on high, it looks--like the middle of nowhere....

Which is why I'm saving money by working out of my cheapish apt--I could have an office downtown but why not save $$$ for the real office (nyc? or a cabin on the west coast?)

Have to ask: are you office tower worker types bored with the "view" too?

The Holiday Inn on King is even uglier from the air than on the ground.

I heard rumours at the time the reason west tower is shorter than the east is because the project ran out of money (major recession, 1989/90, I think) and not just brilliant design. Does anybody know if that's true? Just curious.....

Back