News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
The base looks great. Why can't we see this type of work being incorporated into new buildings? I know our masons aren't as gifted as they were in the past, but we can do better than all glass facades. Couldn't lasers be used now to create really intricate stone/brick/wood work for buildings? If bygone craftsmen were able to create masterpieces with the most basic of tools, couldn't we do even better with today's technology?

The base looks great. Why can't we see this type of work being incorporated into new buildings? I know our masons aren't as gifted as they were in the past, but we can do better than all glass facades. Couldn't lasers be used now to create really intricate stone/brick/wood work for buildings? If bygone craftsmen were able to create masterpieces with the most basic of tools, couldn't we do even better with today's technology?

The owners of these building's dont want to spend the money to do so. That's the main thing. Back then, stone or brickwork was the only way to go. Today we have alternatives which are a hundred times cheaper (precast/glass/concrete), therefore they get chosen over any material that looks even remotely appealing.

Don't get me wrong; my lifelong dream would be to build with stone and brick again like we did pre 1940 and get off this glass fad, but it's not happening any time soon. Owners are cheap b**tards these days.

Last edited:
I have poor vision so everything looks blurry to me anyways! :-( But the reconstruction looks go so far. Now if only they could rebuild the apartment block they torn down recently just to the Northwest of his development. That was needless and senseless.

I have poor vision so everything looks blurry to me anyways! :-( But the reconstruction looks go so far. Now if only they could rebuild the apartment block they torn down recently just to the Northwest of his development. That was needless and senseless.

+1. Too bad it's in the trash.

Back