News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

No doubt about it. We enjoyed our balcony last summer, but with the temperature dipping so low lately, you can feel the frigid air at least 3 feet away from the sliding doors. To make it even less efficient, the vent for the heat pump is located high up on the wall right beside the balcony doors. I can't even imagine how much heat is being wasted.

A balcony can be great, but you can only use it for a few months out of the year (if that). I think we're liking the solarium idea a whole lot more.
I have the exact same setup. Added problem is the condensation on the exterior sliding door (I have two sliding doors, one interior, one exterior). Since it's so cold, the door condenses and then freezes; so my morning cigarette always involves wrestling the doors. Where are you global warming??

No doubt about it. We enjoyed our balcony last summer, but with the temperature dipping so low lately, you can feel the frigid air at least 3 feet away from the sliding doors. To make it even less efficient, the vent for the heat pump is located high up on the wall right beside the balcony doors. I can't even imagine how much heat is being wasted.

A balcony can be great, but you can only use it for a few months out of the year (if that). I think we're liking the solarium idea a whole lot more.

If I had the choice, I would definitely pick a solarium over a balcony. Balconies just aren't useful and the majority of the time, they turn into garbage dumps to store random stuff.
Large glass windows definitely aren't energy efficient. On a cold morning, I can feel a temperature drop from opening the blinds.

Back