News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Sure we been messing with nature,but not to where we try and change entire weather patterns,and beside if the mayor of Moscow thinks he can change entire weather patterns with a couple of plans.He severely doubts the power of nature.

Weather changes so fast, I doubt he can stop a surprise blizzard with a couple of planes.

i think the US government once studied if they could change the course or degrade a hurricane with the use of nuclear bombs. i think the study concluded that there would be hardly any effect on the storm's path or severity.

In a related story, the expense account of the Mayor's office for vodka purchases has gone through the roof this year!

Shitty idea. Snow is natural and good for the city. It can be a pain, but as this thread shows, people like it quite often. What the impacts be on the urban forest, on the Rouge Park - what kinds of effects would lack of snow cover have for growing things? What happens to trees when there is no spring runoff.

Even if this could be successfully undertaken, which I think is extremely improbable, it is a highly stupid idea. Yes, we have generations of experience with modifications to the environment, and lots of unintended consequences. When do we start to understand that it's better to let alone some times.

Winter in Toronto already is mild and forgiving of snow. Have you ever tried living north of Toronto where it actually snows? Or even Buffalo?

How is this any worse than when our mayor called in the army to blow up our snow? I think it's a great idea.

Car insurance will be lower if you live here, because roads won't be a slushy slippery mess for months at a time.

The city will save a lot of money on snow removal.

We can use snowmaker machines in places we want snow, like parks or casa loma.

This is really horrible, and it's already being done in many places. They are drying up storms, to lessen the amount of rain.
One thing you have to remember... snow melts. That melting snow provides a lot of water for the ground, which in turn provides water for us to drink. If you get rid of that, we'll have droughts, which means our crops will dry up. You see where I'm going with this...
We have screwed up this planet enough. I really would like to see experimenting like this come to an end. We have to accept that it snows where we live, and so should Moscow.

This is really horrible, and it's already being done in many places. They are drying up storms, to lessen the amount of rain.
One thing you have to remember... snow melts. That melting snow provides a lot of water for the ground, which in turn provides water for us to drink. If you get rid of that, we'll have droughts, which means our crops will dry up. You see where I'm going with this...
We have screwed up this planet enough. I really would like to see experimenting like this come to an end. We have to accept that it snows where we live, and so should Moscow.
The precipitation will still happen, but just outside the urban area. It'll still find its way into our rivers and lakes.

But we don't have any crops in the GTA anymore... Whatever farmland the suburbs used to have is now filled with houses.

If no one dies from this in Moscow or other cities, then we should do it all year.

Snow looks nice, but rain? Come on, no one likes the rain!

The precipitation will still happen, but just outside the urban area. It'll still find its way into our rivers and lakes.

And what happens when it overloads a watershed to the west of us and completely decimates it with erosion and flooding?

And what happens when it overloads a watershed to the west of us and completely decimates it with erosion and flooding?

Then all those people over there who get flooded will move over here, and the city will balance it's budget from these new people paying property taxes and user fees.

See? Everybody wins.

Well that's just crazy, I happen to love the snow when it comes around.

And also, the terrible winters Canada has make you appreciate summer so much more. People in California and Florida take their beautiful weather for granted.

Back