News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

CNE 2008-GREAT photo tour!

Kram74: GREAT photo tour of the CNE in 2008-I went to the EX myself three times in the 80s and I have not been back since 1988-good pics throughout and a decent tour! LI MIKE

I hope this photo essay drums up some excitement in viewers for next years CNE:) the shopping the animals, the rides..:D

kram74, if I may stick my neck out and offer some photo taking advice. I'm no expert photographer but I've used and gone through few point and shoot type digital cameras. I assume you are using some sort of digicam, right?

To get better non blurry indoor photos you will need to steady the camera against a wall or even a shopping cart or baby buggy.

That said, all digital cameras do well in daylight and brightly lit rooms. There are only a few models that do well in low light/indoor non flash conditions. The Fuji 'F' series comes to mind. The F100, F60, F50, F40 are all good. Grab one before they're gone - they have a sensor that no other digicam company uses.

I know what you mean "Mustapha" whenever i'm in doors the pictures don't turn out as good. the problem was I turned the flash off on purpose. when I was inside the buildings. alot of the vendors where getting mad at me for taking pictures of there tables. so I kept the flash off so not to draw atention to myself.
If the flash was on I think alot of the pictures would have turned out better.
Besides, having the flash off allows me to take more pictures.
Sometimes when taking pictures with strangers caught in them. The strangers get mad at you. So in some of the pictures I just simply lifted the camera and took a quick picture before anyone noticed. If I took more time I think the pictures would've turned out better.

Sometimes when taking pictures with strangers caught in them. The strangers get mad at you. So in some of the pictures I just simply lifted the camera and took a quick picture before anyone noticed. If I took more time I think the pictures would've turned out better.

Yes, this happened to me a couple of times; I showed the picture on my display to the 'mad stranger':) and deleted it; waited for them to walk on and took another picture.

One thing that works is holding the camera high over you head; 'sensitive' people think you are taking a scene shot and they won't bother you.

Another solution is to get one of those super zoom cameras; 12X, 18X; it's like taking pictures with a telescope; quite neat but I don't have one.

Back