News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

I use Adblock Plus on Firefox, so everything is fine here!

So do I, no problemo here. Adblock Plus is truly one of Firefox's best add-on's.

The problem has nothing to do with OS, but everything to do with code and browser you use apparently.

That's correct. I use XP and Firefox primarily, but I noticed the problem on all browsers. Right now everything is fine, but I assume because there isn't a Flash banner up.

wmode

we don't control the object - the flash is served through javascript ad tags - so I'm not sure how I'd apply the wmode parameter in this particular case. the ads are not always flash either.

any suggestions? for now I've left-justified the ad, which is better but not perfect.

we don't control the object - the flash is served through javascript ad tags - so I'm not sure how I'd apply the wmode parameter in this particular case. the ads are not always flash either.

any suggestions? for now I've left-justified the ad, which is better but not perfect.

the non-flash ads don't cause any problem. it's only the flash ones.

the issue could be that google is doing this because they might not want ads placed under drop down menus and have false clicks due to mouse slips on drop down menus. not adjusting the the wmode in flash on their end can serve their purpose this way. the same can't be done with GIF ads i think. this is just a guess though (the deliberate act).

my suggestion (and probably the easiest solution) is that you use a different ad size for that space. instead of using Leaderboard (728 x 90) use Banner (468 x 60) and justify the ad to the left. this will leave space for the drop down menus not to block or be blocked by the ads. you can even add a Button (125x125) and justify it to the right to make use of the little space to the right. this way you have 2 ads instead of 1 and they won't be blocking the drop down menu.

here's examples:

https://www.google.com/adsense/stat...ium=et&gsessionid=Tlx-0cqVqONe1xFDQC0VJQ#text

Attachments

• newads.jpg
    newads.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 247

Back