News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I honestly don’t understand this route. The arena/Macewan connection is average (I believe the rink stuff came after plans were in place for the train?)

But the Royal Alex/kingsway station is a real hike…the nait one isn’t convenient…nor does it serve blatchford well… (and yes, I know more of blatchford will be built close, but it’s still a long walk for the majority of blatchford once it’s all built out…)

Like I just don’t get this. Do the planners not get that adding a 10-15min walk to a trip can be the difference maker to using transit or not? And especially if that’s outside walking vs integrated stations.

Budget 2024 - $43 million planning funding for the trades and technology learning facility at NAIT

$43mil seems like an awful lot for 'planning' purposes though given that design fees are usually ~10% of total project costs.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 7.03.43 AM.png

Standard Architectural fees recede from about 10% for smaller projects to as little as 5% on larger projects suggesting that this project could be in the upper hundreds of millions of dollars approaching a billion dollars. I do know that it is an extremely large undertaking for NAIT with a strong emphasis on construction-materials-and-building-systems research.

Standard Architectural fees recede from about 10% for smaller projects to as little as 5% on larger projects suggesting that this project could be in the upper hundreds of millions of dollars approaching a billion dollars. I do know that it is an extremely large undertaking for NAIT with a strong emphasis on construction-materials-and-building-systems research.
When I was on the consulting side last year our fees were down around 2%.

Back