40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The shape of the pool seems kinda pointless to me.. people would be enjoying it single file..

This is going to be so surreal, especially in the winter. I can't decide if it kitchy or brilliant because it's kitchy.

The shape of the pool seems kinda pointless to me.. people would be enjoying it single file..

Well, the outdoor pool is a lap pool for most of it I suppose, with a sitting area at the east end. The indoor pool is the one for splashing about in.

This development makes me nauseous. The podium is horrendous but... those... those INTERIORS. Oh Lord.

Ew. This entire project looks atrocious. Excuse me while I regurgitate.

I love this project, it's so different from anything out there. One of the best in the city by far.

I'm confused by the urban street front and the suburban landscape behind it. What is getting built directly south of these two buildings? It will be interesting to see how this turns out and whether or not the indoor pool gets orange chandeliers and the lobby gets a horse statue lamp. This is a building that wears its name. You look at it and think South Beach. You wouldn't think Malibu with the Malibu.

The Moooi horse lamp is in the sales office, so I'm guessing it will become a fixture in the development.
I thought suspended pendant fixtures over a bathtub or pool is against code (for obvious reasons), so we will see if those will make it or not -- it will have to be lit from an external projected source or not wired at all.

It's definitely a bizarre and surreal development. Like Bisha threw up in the burbs.

Very strange.
The streetfront retail is a standalone strip separated from the tower complex by an internal "alley". They've just plunked a stanadrd towers in the park project behind a strip mall pushed to the curb.

What material exactly is going to make the roof transparent? Or will they just use corrugated steel as usual?

Very strange.
The streetfront retail is a standalone strip separated from the tower complex by an internal "alley". They've just plunked a stanadrd towers in the park project behind a strip mall pushed to the curb.

Strip mall...if only...looks like maybe 4 or 5 at best in that larger block; hey let's go take a stroll down the street and do some window shopping in front of the one store.

I like the towers' light features.

I hate the pools. Why go to the trouble of constructing an indoor pool if there's not room to swim? And if the outdoor one is a lap pool, then market it as such, and not as a wading pool.

The only nice thing I can say about the lobby is that I like the jacket on the guy talking to the concierge.

Back