News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Land of the giants.

giants2.jpg

Did you alter that photo? Must have, because there is no break in the reflection of the text "KEEP CLEAR FIRE & E.M.S. ACCESS" so it wouldn't be that there is an uneven surface in the stone that would cause the light to be reflected differently. Spooky.

Church & Wellesley. I wonder how long before this corner gets developed. It's amazing that building is still standing.

churwell.jpg

I always think about how poorly this building is maintained, despite it's super-imposing location!
What a slum-lord (unless he's charging those pigeons rent?!)
I just pray developers don't use it's dilapidated appearance as excuse to tear it down for a condo (as was the main excuses back in Urban-'Renewal' days; ie: "Victorian Rot")

Church & Wellesley. I wonder how long before this corner gets developed. It's amazing that building is still standing.

churwell.jpg

I always think about how poorly this building is maintained, despite it's super-imposing location!
I just pray developers don't use it's dilapidated appearance as excuse to tear it down for a condo (as was the main excuses back in Urban-'Renewal' days; ie: "Victorian Rot")

Whenever I see this block, a decievingly simple black door comes to mind. But this is a family site, isn't it?

Whenever I see this block, a decievingly simple black door comes to mind. But this is a family site, isn't it?

I was reading gas meters part-time a few years back mattelderca and I found out what was behind that black door. Bit of an eye opener for this kid.

It's a wonderful building in about as bad a shape as any 'in use' 19th century building in the city. Sadly, I would not be surprised if the day comes when it either catches fire or collapses from neglect hurting or killing shoppers below, the residents above or those behind that black door even further below. If you stand at that corner and observe the building you can see that both the south and west sides have a dramatic depression in the middle as if the building is sinking or something. I presume the City has inspected it given the concern over how unstable the building looks. Pharma Plus moved out of the Pizza Pizza space about a dozen years ago because of so many problems with the structure to more modern diggs kitty corner to here.

ghost.jpg

Did you alter that photo? Must have, because there is no break in the reflection of the text "KEEP CLEAR FIRE & E.M.S. ACCESS" so it wouldn't be that there is an uneven surface in the stone that would cause the light to be reflected differently. Spooky.

Yes Xray I altered the photo. If that guy ever sees this pic he's going to be really surprised isn't he?

"I can't wait 'til Conrad gets out of jail, just to see what he does next."
QUOTE androiduk

Hell hath no fury . . .

Regards,
J T

Back