40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

hawc

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Alright folks, find me angled street parking in Toronto.

I maintain that the ONLY angled street parking in Toronto is right here on Donlands Avenue just south of O'Connor:

http://goo.gl/maps/mVy0z

Oh beautiful East York. :D

If you can find me another section of Angled Street Parking post a Google Maps link so we can see for ourselves.

And no parking lots obviously, I'm talking about street parking.

:cool:

You may be right. I'm up in that area all the time, buying poultry and meats from Fresh From The Farm.

But I can certainly see why angled parking is going the way of the dodo. Takes up too much space and simply contributes to gridlock, especially during rush hour. Angled parking looks rather quaint these days. Oh, for the good old days when there was less people driving and people could park just outside of their destination.

I maintain that the ONLY angled street parking in Toronto is right here on Donlands Avenue just south of O'Connor:
You'd be wrong then. You only have to go a few blocks east to find the same thing on Coxwell south of O'Connor.

If you can find me another section of Angled Street Parking post a Google Maps link so we can see for ourselves.
Go Google yourself.

isnt there another angled street parking on OLD KINGSTON ROAD (FORMERLY HIGHWAY 2) AND KINGSTON ROAD?

You may be right. I'm up in that area all the time, buying poultry and meats from Fresh From The Farm.

But I can certainly see why angled parking is going the way of the dodo. Takes up too much space and simply contributes to gridlock, especially during rush hour. Angled parking looks rather quaint these days. Oh, for the good old days when there was less people driving and people could park just outside of their destination.

It can also be awkward to back out of. If a street is wide enough, regular parallel parking along a central median might work to keep the curb lanes clear, but I don't think there are many places to accommodate it.

http://goo.gl/maps/mVy0z

Oh beautiful East York. :D

And no parking lots obviously, I'm talking about street parking.

:cool:

hello mr hawc, check my post, i proved you are incorrect and i found an angled parking on old kingston road in scar borough. looks like an appolgoy is awaiting us or some free lunch

What a tough crowd, but you set yourself up hawc...

Not one, but three other examples in addition to the "ONLY" one you listed.

Ouch.

Didn't Spadina have angled parking for quite a stretch before the streetcar ROW went in?

Didn't Spadina have angled parking for quite a stretch before the streetcar ROW went in?
Yes ... given how much media coverage there was over the loss of this, and all the complaints (before it happened), I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Back