News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm glad that you agree. Just like with Gardiner drivers. Those who still find it quicker to deal with a few traffic lights will continue straight along, while those headed through will detour via the 427 and 401. I don't see anything wrong with that either.

LOL!!!

I bet these businesses will be thrilled in a few short years when nobody is visiting their shops because A) nobody can afford to drive there and B) there is no alternative way of getting to them in any reasonable amount of time.

and that's the rub. the shortsighted-ness of businesses. or, the inability of the City to explain to businesses why this is good for them.

Removing the parking makes the street more bike-friendly, pedestrian-friendly and improves the overall atmoshere of the area. People can always park on side streets. The area becomes nicer and a real destination.

I'm not anti-car, I'm pro-people.

Well the street doesn't become bike-free, it just doesn't have a bike lane. Cyclists will cycle to those businesses. They'll either take the bike lane detour a block away, and then cycle down at the nearest point, or they'll cycle along Annette.

It isn't as simple as "a block away". It'd be like a bike lane up Ossington making a big jog to Dovercourt and then back...

Back