News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^He didn't ask any questions. He mumbled about cutting 4% but didn't know where to start. (He rambled about school lunches--I don't think the city should be paying for kid's meals at all! I loathe nanny states!)

I'd start by privatizing the TTC, making it illegal to be a unionized city employee, firing everyone that works for the city, selling off all TCHC buildings and land, raising property taxes by 15% (effective immediately), and more. :)

I consider myself a (super cheap) social libertarian.

You're just cheap with other people's lives.

^No. I'm super cheap in my own life. I probably spend less than $700/month (rent inclusive) on average. I save and invest my money--like in AAA.v :) I deplore debt, and hate it when I encounter folks living beyond their means via credit cards. The same applies to organizations like the City of Toronto.

Last edited:
The trouble with Miller's observation is that it fails to take property value into consideration. That varies considerably across the city. It's not unusual to find quite ordinary condos in the downtown with property values that could easily purchase a house in the suburbs. So unless there is a suggestion that people flee downtown for cheaper suburban digs - but a similar level of taxation - I don't really see how tax rates alone can tell us anything particularly useful.

That is like saying that it is unfair that downtown homes cost more. Are you saying that property taxes should not attempt to be progressive?

Wow astonishing I'm shocked that anyone on this forum can in anyway defend Ms. Fletcher. I watched the proceedings on Rogers Channel 10 & Ms. Fletcher, was rude, contempteous and displayed a through lack of Public Service skills or interest in such.

^COF: Ever worked a (public) service industry job before? If so, you'll know that 9 times out of 10, the "public" behaves like an ass. That Mr Smith was an ass to Ms. Fletcher's years of experience. Besides, just like in the service industry, she'd probably been up since 4am and working all day. By 8pm, she was--certainly looked that way--practically hallucinating from exhaustion.

^No. I'm super cheap in my own life. I probably spend less than $700/month (rent inclusive) on average. I save and invest my money--like in AAA.v :) I deplore debt, and hate it when I encounter folks living beyond their means via credit cards. The same applies to organizations like the City of Toronto.

Bully for you. Not everyone can live life the way you claim that you do.

Without the Industrial Revolution, we would never have had pollution.

This is so simplistic that it is laughable. I don't see you abstaining from the products of that event.

Back