News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

yeah and its mostly in urban campuses.

A lot of the colleges and outside universities are dominated by cheap PC's.

I'm not sure what you mean. It's the opposite; when XP first came out it was buggy and had a lot of issues. Once a few service packs were released it became the stable OS everyone loves now. I've had it for years and can't remember the last time my system crashed...or had to be reformatted.

I agree. Early XP was a pain in the ass and required considerable updating by Microsoft, but it did improve over time. I still use XP - largely because I wanted to skip the same evolution when Vista first appeared. Now I'll just skip Vista altogether.

yeah there are no starbucks to show off your Mac's, thats why...

yeah and its mostly in urban campuses.

A lot of the colleges and outside universities are dominated by cheap PC's.

It doesn't really matter. I think a recent study showed that over half of university students looking for a laptop had a top budget of around $750. That eliminates getting a Mac right off the bat.

I am trying to buy a new monitor for my new PC because my current one failed but all the new ones I see are garbage. Do Macs have this problem?

No more CRT monitors apparently. No more 4:3 aspect ratio either. Only choices seem to be widescreen LCDs that either have poor colour or are too slow or inferior to CRT in some way.

4:3 CRTs have been dead for years. Widescreen monitors are way better, especially at sizes over 20".

There are two major types of LCD panels: TN and SIPS. TN panels are the cheap ones that are lousy at reproducing colours. SIPS panels are nicer.

Apple's Cinema Displays have a deservedly-good reputation, but I think they're still overpriced. You might want to look at Dell's UltraSharp monitors - IIRC, they use the same internal parts as Apple's but they're available at a much lower price point.

Back