News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Anyone have thoughts on the reality of induced demand with this widening project? Having lived in Toronto, the ever widening work of the 401, which is 18 lanes in some sections, is one of the best examples of billions being spent to literally make things worse.

I can see 3 lanes being much better than 2 for flow/emergency/large truck reasons. But I hope we don't build past 3. It just encourages sprawl. We need people to look at buying in the SW and go "well i like this cheap new house...but do I want to deal with the crazy henday traffic?".

The road is overloaded but tbh I think majority of the "congestion" can be attributed to poor driving skills (following too close, improper merging, inconsistent speeds, unnecessary braking... don't get me started).

It's designed to eventually be 4 lanes in each direction, no? I suppose that will probably become necessary at some point with all the Heritage Valley neighbourhoods popping up (and the recently annexed land to Hwy 19). But I agree that induced demand is a reality of AHD, especially in the SW area.

The girders for the river crossing are still not in. which means another year before this is done.
Am I the only one that finds this peculiar? I know it says on Carmacks website that “all” bridge decks are getting tripled but I seriously doubt it means this crossing….look at how long it took to do the Groat?!!!!!

Yeah, I wonder what the holdup is for the river bridge... possibly supply issues or Covid-related delays? The Wedgewood Creek work has been fenced off for quite a while now so not sure how far along they are there. The other bridge near the Whitemud/87 Av also looks to be coming along nicely (does anyone know how that alignment will eventually work?).

I’m one of the “12,700” working on this pipeline. The stories I’ve seen and heard would make your head spin. At the end of the day this will go down as the biggest WHITE Elephant on the “planet!” PM selfie socks has spared no expense. This will be my retirement job……11 years from now….lol

Back