News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I wonder if more development is taking place near 137 Ave/Henday if the off-ramps are being built.
there is a lot of Transport traffic. the current access is very circuitous. I also noticed more land development west of 142st and north of St Albert Trail, The Ramparts area. Looks like there will be a road through from 142st to Campbell road. Easier access as well.

Looks like they’ve wrapped up construction on the NB bridge over the river. Barriers are gone and all.
IMG_4061.jpeg

Thank God it's finally done. That's one more traffic snarl done and over with, especially for the heavily bottlenecked Southwest. It's just a shame that Alberta Transport didn't widen the Henday to 3 lanes in each direction at the QE2 interchange. I get that they assumed that a lot of people want to exit from the Henday onto Calgary Trail so they could get away with not widening the bridges to save cash, but that assumption was just wrong. Anecdotally, the vast majority of drivers just want to continue through so they merge into two lanes (leading to dangerous merges from 111th Street EB and 91st Street WB) and that creates awful traffic jams, while leading to underutilization of the third lane. Hopefully, they fix it soon and then widen the Henday from 50th Street to Highway 14 so that it's three lanes each way from Yellowhead to Yellowhead.

Looking at some of the exit signs, I think having signs for Metro Edmonton communities could help visitors. For example, for QE II coming into Edmonton, the west exit could have Stony Plain, Spruce Grove and St. Albert, while east could have Beaumont, Sherwood Park and Fort Saskatchewan. Similar to west for Jasper, Grande Prairie and Peace River.

The traffic doesn't help. Perhaps picking up the signs during off-peak hours might work.

Back