News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Sorry to hear about the fire! The Plateau is a great neighbourhood - and a far cry from what it was twenty years ago. Your new location is excellent for downtown life.

The Concordia shooting was shocking, coming just a few years after the horrific École Polytechnique massacre.

Good to hear that the campus is still evolving. When I was there, the place was quite run down, but it had a character all of its own. One thing I really liked about Concordia was how so many of the students were part-time and were returning to university in their adult years - many taking night courses to complete their degrees.

As for the Hall Building, it'll never be a looker. It used to have many nicknames, including the Henry F. Mall building, the Henry F*ck-all building and the Borg ship. The lobby was commonly referred to as the airport.

As for me, Toronto is home now.
Yeah, I miss the Plateau too, it was kinda cool to go out at night on St Laurent. I do like Montreal a lot, however I feel like I'll prefer Toronto. I'm driving there this weekend to meet a friend of mine. It will be my first time over there. What about you ? Do you prefer Toronto or Montreal ?

One of the best things about Montreal and Toronto is that they are different. Montreal has a little more of an "old world" feel to it while Toronto feels like a place that is all about tomorrow. You get a sense of a city undergoing a rapid evolution.

I moved to Toronto when the Montreal economy was in the dumps. I really enjoyed the open, outward-looking attitude I found here, so that really formed my opinion to stay.

the funny thing is that soon after that, I found a position in Ottawa and spent a lot of time commuting between the two cities.

In the end, things like how one perceives a city are quite subjective. I know people who would never leave Montreal, and that's cool. As for me, I'll never stop going to visit Montreal, but I doubt I'd move back.

Well, I came back from my road trip to Toronto and I have to say, this city is amazing. I was amazed by this city, the transportation system ( I really digged this "new york style" subway in aluminum. Also I was amazed by the property of the subway.

As for the rest, the people were nice, the night life was awesome, and the different parts of the city were quiet cool. You don't find much difference in Montreal, however in Toronto you find a lot of difference whether you are in Kensington Market with this kind of "roots style places or whether you are in in downtown area next to the Toronto stock exchange.

To sum things up, I find Montreal to be a great city for a student, but for later, I think Toronto will be the place I would live in.

Back