News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Yeah, favour the south/west and away from the garbage disposal. I can't imagine facing North. Wouldn't want to be too high or low.

FLOOR:
Higher the floor the better, but in a highrise not so much.
I used to live on a top floor and like that I don't have noises from neighbors above, don't have to deal with dirt and debris falling from balconies above, and there is a better view. Now I live near the top of a 35 story building and I found the wait for an elevator (or riding in a full elevator) very annoying. I couldn't imagine if I lived on a high floor of a 50+ storey building.

EXPOSURE:
East is my preference as I enjoy the morning sun and it doesn't get as hot and glaring as afternoon sun. I prefer living in the West end so facing east you will most likely be getting a city view. South would be my second choice, due to sunlight especially with our depressing gray winters.
Views would definitely influence choice of exposure. I would rather take a nice unobstructed northern view over a south or east view with a building in direct view.

LOCATION IN BUILDING:
I would not choose to live near an elevator or amenity space due to traffic and noise. Being at the end of a hallway is not good either as noise travels down a hall.
Being next to a garbage chute is a big negative as the chute doors/flaps are always very loud. It could get really smelly too.
I like to be next to a fire stair or on a corner as you have one less neighbour next to you.

Back