News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I love their Sherway store. Busy, but never madhouse busy. You always get prompt attention and they're very helpful.

I hate Apple in the Eaton Centre! I went there 3 or 4 times, to get help with buying an Apple computer and I could not get any service. It was just so crowded, that I gave up. I ended up getting my brother to order my Apple through the net. I'm still pissed off I had to do it that way. They really need a store twice the size because that place is a mad-house, the way it is now. I refuse to even go into the store, until they do something about the over crowding. (and terrible service)

Having difficulty getting service and bad service are not the same thing. Neither is pleasant and I agree that the former is a problem but when you do get service, it's stellar. Apple Store employees are knowledgeable, friendly, polite and will often go way above what you would reasonably expect.

I went in to look into an issue with my power adapter, and because the store was so busy, I waited 10 minutes beyond my appointment. The genius apologized in a heartfelt manner and said that a "10 minute wait is far too long. I really apologize". Pfft... if I have to wait 10 minutes at FutureShop for specialized service, I'd think that was a world record.

The genius had a quick look at my power adapter and replaced it with a new one on the spot. I said I was concerned that the little plug attachment could be at fault (it wasn't), he informed me that it was considered a cosmetic part and not replaceable but then as he pointed behind me, he said: "Hey, what's that?" removed the plug attachment from his own laptop and put it on mine. That's going above and beyond.

Anyway, it's no secret that Apple is becoming a victim of their own popularity and need to expand soon.

I concur, the service is quite good at the TEC Apple Store once you get served, it's a matter of waiting to get that service. I couldn't believe the level of service I got just to pick up my iPhone back last May (I was sent there from the service provider's own store in the mall).

Apple is very much in the hunt for a flagship location. I cannot say who the sources are, but I have personally worked on proposals from property developers/owners for the sole purpose of landing an Apple flagship retail outlet.

Presently there are a number of locations on the table: Bloor &Yonge (not 1 Bloor tower), further down Bloor, downtown Yonge St., Front St.and potentially Union Station.

Non have been selected and these are all possible location candidates - Apple is looking for approx. 20,000 SF but the store needs to have impact, presence, and lots of visual and physical traffic.

pfive

Yonge + Bloor/Yorkville, Lower Yonge (Eaton Centre replacement?) and Union Station definitely makes sense - but can the city support 3 locations (when Manhattan proper only has 5)? Can't see them vacating the Eaton Centre environ...

AoD

What about the Yonge/Eg area?

I think you might have misunderstood my post. I meant that these are all possible locations for a new flagship, not multiple locations. Even so, these are also purely speculative on the property owners behalf, yet they are persuing vigorously...

Yonge + Bloor/Yorkville, Lower Yonge (Eaton Centre replacement?) and Union Station definitely makes sense - but can the city support 3 locations (when Manhattan proper only has 5)? Can't see them vacating the Eaton Centre environ...

AoD

p5:

Nope didnt misunderstand it - just wondering out loud whether we can end up with 2 stores - if the flagship ended up not being around Eaton Centre - since I really cant see them leaving the area.

AoD

Perhaps the pizzaiolo/kitchen stuff plus site at Yonge & Hayden? They could tear down and build something of their own design. It's on Yonge and close enough to Bloor. I'd hate to see KSP go though. The store is well used by the neighbourhood.

greenleaf:

I don't know - that stretch is probably still a bit too gritty. My impression is that Apple prefers their locations to be more "corporate".

AoD

Alvin: I see what you are saying. Well, to be honest I don't think its their intention to do any closings, just that they are searching for a large space, with a lot of traffic (foot, car etc.), visibility and as you stated corporate proximity. That is their main reason for looking in the core, but again who knows where exactly they end up?

I think they could very easily handle 3stores in the city proper, but whether that is somethung they are thinking or not remains to be seen.

Apple is very much in the hunt for a flagship location. I cannot say who the sources are, but I have personally worked on proposals from property developers/owners for the sole purpose of landing an Apple flagship retail outlet.

Presently there are a number of locations on the table: Bloor &Yonge (not 1 Bloor tower), further down Bloor, downtown Yonge St., Front St.and potentially Union Station.

Non have been selected and these are all possible location candidates - Apple is looking for approx. 20,000 SF but the store needs to have impact, presence, and lots of visual and physical traffic.

pfive

only way i can see them getting 20,000 SF is if they go and do a 2 or 3 level store.

is the old uptown theatre still there or was it torn down for the condo?

The Uptown condo is on the old Uptown Theatre site.

I still wonder if a revamp of the old Plaza cinema location at the Hudson Bay Centre could be a good new home for Apple. They just might be able to find space to build a glass cube on the sidewalk with a glass stair and elevator to whisk people down to the underground lair.

Regarding Union Station - if the new Grand Central Terminal location in New York is working, I don't see why they wouldn't want to be at Union.

Union would be pretty cool.

If they opened at Yonge-Bloor I doubt they'd close Eaton Centre. If they opened at 199 Yonge then they probably would.

The Uptown condo is on the old Uptown Theatre site.

I still wonder if a revamp of the old Plaza cinema location at the Hudson Bay Centre could be a good new home for Apple. They just might be able to find space to build a glass cube on the sidewalk with a glass stair and elevator to whisk people down to the underground lair.

Regarding Union Station - if the new Grand Central Terminal location in New York is working, I don't see why they wouldn't want to be at Union.

did the condo take up the area fronting Yonge Street too?

i saw this on google maps so i was under the impression the condo was only the back half fronting Balmutto.
i know the pic is old so the space may be demo'd or already leased.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=...ljp1326572158215025&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Back