News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I have noticed the jog in the 1930 photograph that shows it between College Street and Carlton Street on Yonge Street.

I have noticed the jog in the 1930 photograph that shows it between College Street and Carlton Street on Yonge Street.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I hadn't known about this before. Does anybody know when this jog was eliminated?

I found the photo looking east on College from Bay to Yonge rather sad. It had such beautiful, mature trees, that provided nice shade and a green canopy. Now we have nothing but barren sidewalks. I wish we could restore the street to its former beauty.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I hadn't known about this before. Does anybody know when this jog was eliminated?

I found the photo looking east on College from Bay to Yonge rather sad. It had such beautiful, mature trees, that provided nice shade and a green canopy. Now we have nothing but barren sidewalks. I wish we could restore the street to its former beauty.

There are photos at the Toronto archives (enter "Carlton" into the search field) dated 1930 and 1931 showing pre jog and track work views respectively.

Back