39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
very nice... especially across from the ROM (which I'm not that fond of), but still very nice.

Wasn't McDonald's promised a spot in this tower as a condition of them selling the land rights (after immediately buying them from the city)? If so, at least part of the podium won't quite be "high quality retail". lol
And if I'm not mistaken the marble sidewalk stops a few meters before where this property will be located. Any word if it'll be slightly extended? Surely it would make sense in front of such a (potentially) great tower.

i admire what they're going for, but am i the only one who thinks this tower looks really really plain? (by the render), not a lot of texture to it! i'm sure it'll look better in person,

If this and Emerald Park are executed nicely, then I might just forgive Bazis for Blu and the 1 Bloor mess. Definitely some potential here.

And if I'm not mistaken the marble sidewalk stops a few meters before where this property will be located. Any word if it'll be slightly extended? Surely it would make sense in front of such a (potentially) great tower.

That's a good suggestion. The city could use section 37 money to extend the Yorkville public realm to this part of Bloor. However, I wouldn't want to see it go just in front of this building, because I'm not a fan of public realm improvements isolated to only in front of only one building. The Financial District is notorious for this, resulting in a patchwork of different premium sidewalk paving and public realm design rather than a unified whole.

Last edited:
"The veil is created by a frit, a pattern of ceramic dots baked onto the surface of the balcony glazing, which will allow those behind it to see out to the city, but which will simultaneously provide privacy for the residents, and a unified cool white sheen to the tower."

I do like this project (even though these skewed balconies are becoming less unusual), but can we please have true white this time? Or is a "cool white sheen" (winning - don't go there) going to be another cool "mint green?"

Back