News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I still wish the boot was part of the design.. Oh well still a great looking tower! (If completed as it looks in the render)

I am pretty sure L Tower was proposed before I joined UT... the waiting is finally over! Hope they can make some good progress during the warm weather and we can start to envision how it will impact the skyline.

I don't understand why the columns in the first photo are angled. In the rendering, they look like they're supposed to come out of the ground vertically.

I think that those vertical columns you're seeing in the render are actually internal columns. You can see them in this pic that was posted earlier: http://img26.imageshack.us/f/img4811z.jpg/

The angled columns simply form the outline of the curved cutout.

But the curved cutout goes into the ground vertically according to the render. I still don't see where these angles columns coming out of the ground exist in the rendering.

edit: Perhaps I'm overestimating how much those columns are actually angled.

Last edited:
I know the south west corner of this block is not very busy, but I wish they put a bit more effort into the street scape here. It seems every new render I see of this building it gets worse.

Hi! He's amazing! I've searched all over and haven't found them. I've included a lot of wonderful information anyway. And the simplest route is usually the best.

But the curved cutout goes into the ground vertically according to the render. I still don't see where these angles columns coming out of the ground exist in the rendering.

edit: Perhaps I'm overestimating how much those columns are actually angled.

You're right, the render and the photo don't exactly match up, and you probably aren't overestimating the actual angle. They were quite angled when I saw them in person. I don't really know for certain why the discrepancy, but I have a feeling that from the look of the straight angled pillars, they may have changed the feature from a curved to a straight cutout. Otherwise, maybe the pillars that form the cutout are going to be straight and wider than the actual cutout, but the cladding applied may be curved as in the render? I'm just speculating.

Back