News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

If this is the future of interior design, God help us all! Because we're in hell. When I first saw these renderings (on April 1st, April fool's day, I thought this was a joke}. I
realize that there is no accounting for taste, but Grey, TonyV you guys are delusional if you think this is good stuff. Just because the designer has a fancy Italian name
doesn't make him or her worth a baloney sandwich!

Care to elaborate on what you don't like about it? And maybe an example of something you do like so that I may laugh and point?

Victor1, you accused me of thinking this is good stuff! Read again, read again. I think this is plastic garbage.

Grey, that other bit of interior work you referred to, the Ritz: I referred to that as a "fence-sitter" interior -- lots of design elements, all borrowed, which in ensemble go nowhere. In life I don't like fence-sitters, whether those are people or design solutions. And frankly I detest the Ritz lobby even more than 1Bloor, at least 1Bloor is blatantly itself.

Last edited:
Sure Grey, that godawful waspy "old world elegance" beats the hell out of the outlandish, temporal, crap, with a capital "K" that this represents. This Ikeaish design
is cheap and shoddy just as from that store. Is it any wonder that I prefer something substantial and enduring. Yes the Ritz and Trump Rule as far as I'm concerned!

Sorry TonyV, my mistake, I just disagreed with your unflattering comment about the Ritz which is both traditional and contemporary at the same time. Hmmm is this even possible?

I am thinking this could be kind of awesome. One day it will be dusty denty and tired and people will say what were they thinking but in the meantime it is a welcome relief from conformity, "transitional" furniture and the regular boring shit you see when you are walking around this town.

That lobby looks like the inside of a tooth.

I was thinking more a blanched out version of a colonoscopy exam combined with, in the background to the right, the backdrops first seen in Fantastic Voyage (original version). Horrific and instantly dated. I do like the exterior of the tower, but these interior renderings are just awful. Fortunately, one does not live in a lobby.

One more,...sorry, I can't help myself. The descriptive headline "Fluidic Design" is very apt. Fluidic might also be used in connection with Dysentery and Diarrhea. And that ladies and gentlemen is definitely my final comment on this interior design! Please hold the applause!

Back