News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Yes, and yet Toronto is still one of the top places to visit in Canada, and the world...hmm. my point is, what's good for Mississauga and the rest of the GTA, is good for Toronto and vice versa. Absolute was built in Mississauga because MISSISSAUGA decided to have an international competition to design a landmark building, not Toronto. Mississauga chose the final design, not Toronto. as such, why should Toronto have these buildings? As lorax1284 said "... instead of lamenting that those beautiful towers are not in Toronto, lament the UGLY BOXY buildings that other developers foist on the city, and that city council allows to be built."
nuff said.

I agree with what you are saying, but I am talking about future development, its too late to lament on the UGLY BOXY buildings because it has already been built. Toronto needs to invest in beautiful projects like in Dubai, Shanghai , NewYork , London etc
which I assume Toronto at this moment in time does not have the funds for.

I'm referring to building designs UK (swiss re building, Shards) vs Toronto and nothing else !

Fair enough, but I would expand my statement to say that Toronto already has a large amount of quality high-rise archictecture. London has very little. I understand your point about comparing future projects, but I have noticed an obsession here to compare Toronto to other cities, and to overlook the great things you already have.

I have noticed an obsession here to compare Toronto to other cities, and to overlook the great things you already have.

you are bang on on that one wmedia. We are either very good at it, or hopelessly fear we are inadequate. The Maple Leafs will do that to you.

These buildings will finally put Mississauga on the map and confirm once and for all its status as mature city centre. Move over Toronto !!

Back