News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Great! It's kitty-corner to a Sobey's ... but now I won't have to listen them ask me for my Club Sobeys card every time I want to make a $2 cash purchase!

Great! It's kitty-corner to a Sobey's ... but now I won't have to listen them ask me for my Club Sobeys card every time I want to make a $2 cash purchase!

I like Sobey's but I do grow tired of the fact they usually have at most three cashiers working in the 5-8 post work period when I'm most likely to be there. The option of going to No Frills instead may save me some time waiting to pay.

I like Sobey's but I do grow tired of the fact they usually have at most three cashiers working in the 5-8 post work period when I'm most likely to be there. The option of going to No Frills instead may save me some time waiting to pay.
Perhaps ... but my experience with the No Frills on Coxwell is that the line-ups were terrible during that period - it was quite clear that the owner was keeping the staffing lower than he should to save $. In comparison the ValueMart on Woodbine was much better staffed, and much quicker, so the extra 2-minute walk more than made up for the long lines ... and much poorer stocking of shelves at No Frills.

Though presumably a different franchisee would result in different experience. After the Coxwell location became "Rocca's" and John Rocca became the owner 2-3 years ago (can't remember who it was before that), things got noticeably worse very quickly ... most of the cashiers vanished, replaced by some who were clearly being paid less, and you get what you pay for ... the floors got much dirtier, many more things were out of stock, and the place just got shabbier ... and personally, I stopped shopping there ... I still pop in 2-3 times a year, and it never improved to what it was.

The new Front Street location is Luciano's ... the same owner I assume as Parliament/Carlton (Luciano Graziano). I'd expect the service, etc., at the Parliament location will be a good indication of what you'll get on Front. I've never been in the Parliament location though. Any feedback from a regular?

Now open - according to the sign in front.

Of course today is the day they start ripping up Front Street right next to the main entrance.

Back